This job has Expired
Senior Contract Administrator
Functional Title:Senior Contract Administrator
Category Status:33-Exempt Regular
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:100
Unit:VPA-Procurement & Business Services-AVP Administration
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university.
Seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in sourcing, procurement, and contract administration for commodities, technical items, professional, and construction services, and other spending areas needed for university operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct effective negotiations for the most complex and difficult contract modifications and claims, terms, and conditions, and settlement for competitively negotiated contracts, with the ability to maintain the proper degree of business equity when dealing with private industry and in seeking University management approvals.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing contracting methods and the need for extensive collaboration across the campus.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to perform extensive computations on cost/price data analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness.
- In-depth knowledge of contractual techniques, best practices for strategic sourcing efforts, data gathering and analysis, strategic contract planning on a multi-year basis, familiarity with the application of consortia-based contracts and eProcurement catalog management, contract life cycle management and other innovations necessary to satisfy and deliver a broad range of campus customers when there are common needs.
- Knowledge of procurement, contract management, communications, and methods to build consensus across wide tracks of individuals.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Orientation and focus towards providing quality and timely completion of contract management objectives and administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an orientation towards teamwork and collaboration.
- Masters or Bachelorís Degree in, Business Management, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Former strategic contract management experience desired.
- Background in educational, institutional, or public sector procurement.
Professional procurement certifications such as Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), Certified Professional Public Officer (CPPO), and Project Management Professional (PMP) are desired.
Job RisksNot Applicable to This Position
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date06/16/2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*