This job has Expired
STAFF NURSE (TEMP) Central Staffing Resources (Cardiac Procedure Unit - Recovery/Observation)
This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR) and Cardiac Procedures Unit - Recovery
Wage: $55.00/hr. base rate
Evening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hour
Night Shift Differential is $3.00 per hour
Weekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide comprehensive nursing care to adult and geriatric patients after their cardiac cath or Electrophysiology procedure including patients having Acute MI patients, heart failure, ACS, Pulmonary Hypertension, device implants, ablations, valve surgery, vascular surgery, and cardiovascular surgery. Care for patients during Phase 1, 2 and 3 of recovery from General Anesthesia, MAC sedation and IV moderate sedation in both the RR/Obs and Hybrid PACU areas. Perform bedside procedures such as Tilt Table Tests procedures done in the EP and cath labs.
Coordinate and participate with all members of the health care team including technical staff, physician staff, nursing from other areas and anesthesia as indicated.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Current licensure to practice nursing in the state of Michigan.
Current ACLS certification
Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience with 2 years of ICU, PACU, and ER experience within the last 3 years. Experience with monitoring arrhythmias, hemodynamic pressures, emergent management of the cardiac patients and working knowledge of emergency cardiac medications.
Experience with conscious sedation and airway management.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- BSN preferred
- Cardiac ICU, ER, or PACU experience within the past 3 years.
- Previous EP/Cath Lab experience or cared for Cath/EP patients
- Experience in caring for patients with intra-aortic balloon pump therapy and other ventricular assist devices.
- Experience as a float RN
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in emergent situations.
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player skills
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
**Commitment is 24 hours per 4 week scheduling period
Day, Evening and Night shifts are avaialble; 8, 10 AND 12 HR BLOCKS AVAILABLE!
Location: University Hospital: Central Staffing Resources Specialty Cluster, Cardiac Procedures Unit
- Expected to float to like units where competent and qualified in times of decreased activity
- Inability to work for three (3) months consecutively will lead to automatic termination from employment at Michigan Medicine.
- No guarantee of work at any time, and shifts can, and sometimes will be cancelled.
- No weekend requirement, but may be scheduled for weekends
- Variable shifts
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty and staff working in the following areas: Michigan Medicine including the Medical School, Dental School, University Health Service or the Mary A. Rackham Institute. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*