This job has Expired
Apply now »
Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Division: Molecular Virology and Microbiology
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Per NIH Guidelines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 16045
A Postdoctoral Associate position is available in Dr. Joseph Hyser's lab at Baylor College of Medicine, in the Alkek Center for Metagenomics and Microbiome Research and the Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology. Candidates with a research background in animal models of reovirus infection and innate immune control mechanisms are of particular interest. Postdoctoral studies will focus on unraveling mechanisms by with enteric viruses, such as rotavirus, norovirus, and enteroviruses, exploit host signaling pathways to effect their replication. Candidates should have a PhD in virology and experience with cell culture, general virology, virus reverse genetics, and experimental animal work. Strong communication and teamwork stills are critical.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD in virology.
- Experience with cell culture, general virology, virus reverse genetics, and experimental animal work.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*