Community Impact Director
Full Job Description
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association is looking to hire a passionate Community Impact Director in our Chicago market. The Director will be responsible for working closely with employers, industry leaders, and community networks to drive health equity in the workforce. The Community Impact Director will provide resources, engagement, and leadership to employers in order to address drivers of health inequities, improve workforce health and enhance employee productivity.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, grant-funded opportunity, funding is through June 30, 2025.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
\#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Facilitate the identification and recruitment of employers interested in driving results to achieve the mission and strategic objectives of the American Heart Association Health Equity in the Workforce Initiative.
- Promote enrollment of local market companies in the American Heart Association’s Well-being Works Better workplace health platform as a preferred source for employers who want to create a culture of health and well-being and improve their performance, including the Workforce Well-being Scorecard.
- Collaborate with employers to disseminate and pilot use of the American Heart Association’s newly developed Health Equity in the Workforce Playbook and facilitate feedback on quality improvement to inform future enhancement to the Playbook.
- Communicate strategic direction, provide consultation and inspire change through corporate and community stakeholders.
- Support the development of company case studies to inform best practice development.
- Implement peer-to-peer corporate convening events on Health Equity.
- Align with market strategies elevating corporate engagement in our Development, Marketing, Communications and Community Impact functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, Human Resources, Marketing, Business, Communications, related area or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in business development, account servicing, program planning and organizational change management.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with community health issues, ability to interact across multiple acculturation levels and socio-economic groups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate wellness industry, public health, voluntary health organizations or nonprofit organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment with volunteers, staff, and others as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects and events in varying stages of development under time constraints to ensure deadline compliance.
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 17 hours ago (5/31/2023 12:53 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-10584
Job Category Health Strategies
Position Type Full Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*