Facilities Assistant - Student Village PT
Student Village at SUNY Broome
The BCC Housing Development Corporation, managed by the Faculty-Student Association of BCC, is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) company that provides on campus apartment-style living to SUNY Broome students at the Student Village. Since its opening in 2014, the Student Village and its dedicated, friendly and helpful staff have maintained a focus on creating a premier student experience at SUNY Broome with a safe and secure building, and student support for both living and learning. The Student Village's diverse residential population has the advantage of having access within the building to programming space, fitness space and study space, and in close proximity to academic resources, the main cafe, bookstore, clubs and activities, sporting events, and much more.
The Part-Time Facilities Assistant works with the Facilities Lead to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of the housing facility, the Student Village. The Facilities Assistant assists the Facilities Lead with structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, environmental, drainage and communication systems of the facility and related property.
- Responsible for assisting the Facilities Lead in the timely completion of maintenance and repair work, by directly performing tasks.
- Assists the Facilities Lead with ensuring that the facility and related property, at all times, are in compliance with building and fire codes.
- Ensures that the appearance of the exterior and interior of the facility, related property, grounds, and parking lot are maintained to a high standard.
- Works closely with Housing staff, Campus Public Safety staff, Campus Facilities, and others to ensure the safety of residents as well as a clean, well-maintained living/learning facility.
- Assists in monitoring energy use and implementation of energy conservation measures.
- Maintains cooperative and positive relations with students, contractors, public officials, and the public.
- Assists the Facilities Lead in conducting investigations, troubleshooting, diagnosing and reporting problems within the facility's systems.
- Exercises considerable initiative and judgment in planning and carrying out assignments; receives minimal administrative direction.
- Assists with inventory management.
- Professionally work with and around distressed students.
- In the absence of the Facilities Lead, the Facilities Assistant is required to serve in an on-call/emergency facilities response capacity.
- May assist in supervision of student staff.
- Performs other essential functions and related duties, as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Two (2) years of professional experience in facility operations, building trades, or closely related areas.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
The BCC Housing Development Corp, a division of the Faculty-Student Association of BCC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, creed, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, reproductive health decision making, military status, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction records, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*