This job has Expired
Senior Tech Transfer Compliance Specialist
- Job ID:
- 10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
- Research Administration
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: Occasional time on campus
The Senior Technology Transfer Compliance Specialist oversees technology transfer compliance reporting obligations to federal, foundation and industry research sponsors and ensures compliance deadlines are met.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
IP Disclosure Reporting
- Ensures completion of compliant invention disclosure forms by all research staff scientists at Dana-Farber and collaborating academic institutions.
- Regularly interacts with the DFCI Office of General Counsel, Technology Transfer Office and research funding organizations.
- Provides comprehensive information and completes Final Invention Statements for federal or foundation grant closeout requests submitted by the Office of Grants and Contracts.
- Records, reviews and provides assistance to research staff as needed for completion of compliance invention disclosure forms received by the Technology Transfer Office.
- Provides instructions to internal and external legal counsel regarding federal rights to inventions throughout the lifetime of patent prosecution
- Develops and maintains reports for compliance audits to DFCI Office of General Counsel, annual progress reports to DFCI Grants & Contracts Office and academic departments, and data for external professional association groups (e.g. AUTM).
- Contributes to and supports compliance of Intellectual Property Disclosures, obtains required information about inventors, assigning institutions and publication of disclosed inventions before statutory deadlines.
- Obtains and maintains more advanced knowledge in the management of federally funded IP regulations.
PI Relationship Management/Communication
- Responds to inquiries regarding IP and agreements from PIs and other parties, with support or input from manager only as needed
- Understands institutional policies and practices and supports conversations led by manager with PIs and external parties as needed
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong.† As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff.† Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelorís degree in business, law or science is required; an advanced degree, or JD is preferred.
- 3 Years technology transfer experience required in academic technology transfer, or technology transfer in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of tech transfer administration.
- Familiarity with patent prosecution, technology licensing, and sponsor compliance
- Very good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply Critical thinking skills to take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- A self-starter with the ability to identify solutions in collaboration with manager.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage/coordinate daily tasks and special projects while meeting compliance deadlines
- Ability to work successfully with internal stakeholders (clinicians, scientists, administrators)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and complex organization with multiple
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*