This job has Expired
Program Area Administrative Assistant
Are you looking for the opportunity to contirbute toward inpactful projects of National importance?
Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-energy, customer-focused environment?
Are you passionate about strengthening a highly skilled administrative team?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our program area administrative assistance† team at APL.
As the administrative assistant for our Program Area Managers and their teams, you will have the opportunity to apply your administrative experience and expertise to a diverse and fast paced program management environment.
As a Program Area Administrative Assistant, you will...
- Primarily operate independently to prioritize and adjudicate competeing needs to solve problems associated with Program Area administration.† This includes, but is not limited to, managing the flow of visitors and information through the Program Area offices and creating, assisting and promoting quality products produced and distributed from the Program Area Office.
- Ensure efficient operations for the Program Area Manager and the Program team.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and supporting meetings and conferences/seminars.
- Assist with collecting presentation informatoin, ensuring clearances are processed and coordinating scheduling, reservations, and other logistics.† Attend meetings to prepare summaries and notate action items as required.
- Independently initiate and conduct special projects as required and develop solutions to complex administrative problems regarding human resources, secruity, space management, and budgeting.
- Develop porcesses and provide oversight needed to ensure consistent execution, tracking, reporting, and maintenance and to streamline Program Area operations to include customer enegements, internal teams and committees, responses to data calls, procurements, travel and other operational functions.
- Partner with Sector administrative staff to form a seamless team across the Aysmmetric Operations Sector (AOS), including backfill and sharing of workload.† Perform additioanl duties to assist in operations, infrastructure and logistics activities as needed.† Lead and mentor fellow administrative staff as needed.†
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a a high school degree or equivalent and five or more years of successful administrative support experience in a professional environment.† A Bachelor's degree and and at least one year of relevant business or administrative work experience may be substituted.
- Are highly organized and process-oriented, with a strong attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate the capability to expedite, independently analyze, summarize and make recommendations on process, procedures, and project related acvitivies.
- Posses strong initiative, motivation, flexibility and interest in working in a team environment.
- Have excellent verbal and written communcation skills.
- Are willing to work on dynamic projects and have the ability to prioritize numerous concurent tasks.†
- Posses advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Outlook, powerPoint, Word).
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Are experienced supporting program management processes.
- Posses experience in coodinating resources, and staff in multiple on-site and off-site locations.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationís most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLís campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at†http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyoneís voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*