This job has Expired
Community Engagement Specialist Position
Community Engagement Specialist Position
Agency: Paul D. Camp Community College
Location: Franklin (City) - 620
Hiring Range: $40,,000 - $50,000 (commensurate w/qualifications and experience)
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Paul D. Camp Community College is a small 2-year college in Southeast Virginia. Campuses are located in Franklin and Suffolk. There also is a center in Smithfield. The college offers associate degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates In transfer and career/technical programs; credit and non-credit workforce services and training for businesses and industries; special interest classes for the community; and summer classes for youth through the Regional Workforce Development Center. A dual enrollment program for high school students, online courses, and developmental studies classes are available at the college as well.
The purpose of this position is to actively facilitate a robust community engagement strategy for Paul D. Camp Community College Division of Workforce Development with a particular focus on building relationships with local residents, community partners and service providers in under-represented areas of the college’s service region and in areas with identified access barriers.
Some of the duties include:
- Organize and carry out a systematic approach to outreach and recruitment to identified markets.
- Proactively and systemically implement and oversee Workforce recruitment initiatives that continuously improve the visibility and brand awareness of the college and communication between the college, the community, and with our K-12 and industry partners and other organizations.
- Managing the delivery and marketing, of high-quality workforce programs (open-enrollment and customized trainings).
- Oversee the development of new workforce programs.
- Assist workforce staff with data collection, tracking, reporting, and program evaluation.
This is a full-time restricted classified position. Continuation of employment is based on funding availability.
- Associates degree in a related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience (or any equivalent combination of training and/or experience).
- Experience in community engagement, partnerships, and programming, particularly with underrepresented communities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to represent the college to individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community college mission, particularly as it relates to Workforce Development.
- Knowledge in providing workforce or career advising.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all constituents and stakeholders.
- Proficient working knowledge of Internet applications and PC-based software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Valid driver’s license.
Demonstrated ability to:
- plan, organize, prioritize, and manage responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines
- work effectively both as an individual and member of a team(s)
- develop programs and coordinate events involving internal and external stakeholders
- work independently and work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- work under pressure and meet deadlines by managing projects simultaneously, prioritizing and setting goals to include those in a specialized population
- analyze data and develop plans based on strategic goals
- implement activities that are goal-driven with measurable outcomes
- identify students’ needs for support services in order to make appropriate referrals
- prepare and make presentations to large groups, small groups, and one-on-one
- analyze and evaluate current market practices and revise/maintain materials as needed in order to meet the market needs of target populations
- understand and follow institutional policies and procedures
This position also requires the ability to travel regionally and work flexible hours to include some evenings and weekends as needed.
- All full-time classified employees new to the Commonwealth of Virginia will serve a 12-month probationary period.
- Experience working in workforce development in higher education and/or community college.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*