This job has Expired
Nine-Month Mathematics Teaching Faculty
The emphasis of this position is to provide innovative instruction of mathematics courses included in AA&S and AAS degrees at Wytheville Community College. WCC Mathematics faculty teach developmental, technical, and transfer level mathematics courses. This position would require the faculty member to build and offer courses in traditional, hybrid and distance learning formats. This position requires the faculty member to meet assigned classes as scheduled, submit records and reports on time, teach assigned courses in the program and as needed by the college, hold required office hours, participate on assigned college committees, and contribute positively to the learning environment and the campus community of the college. This position also requires the faculty member to serve as an advisor to students in the transfer programs.
- The ability to prepare for course delivery including selection of textbooks and course materials, preparing syllabi, creating course assignments, projects, and assessments, and choosing appropriate methods of delivery.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to effectively teach mathematics principles.
- Use a range of differing assignments to assess student learning and understanding of the material.
- Learn and use technology to enhance instructional effectiveness and students’ educational experience.
- Schedule Math courses in accordance with program scheduled offerings
- Ability to establish program goals and outcomes and implement assessment measures.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution
- High School, Community College, College, or other comparable teaching experience
- Experience in the use of instructional technologies to build face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses in Canvas or similar LMS
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*