This job has Expired
PT Research & Assessment Analyst
Supports the planning and institutional effectiveness functions related to planning, assessment, evaluation, and accreditation. In addition, the Research and Assessment Analyst will use Informer queries to obtain data and will employ a variety of Microsoft Excel functions to create reports using raw data. The Research and Assessment Analyst is responsible for managing the annual assessment process, administering surveys, acquiring data, and editing institutional documents.
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Compliance, the Research and Assessment Analyst provides support to campus units (instructional and non-instructional) throughout the college planning cycle.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision and direction from the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Compliance.
- Supports the College goals and planning priorities of the Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Compliance division toward accomplishing the College’s mission.
- Provides excellent customer service, internally and externally, with professionalism while representing the Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Compliance division and the College in a favorable manner.
- Exercises critical thinking skills for determining appropriate and efficient use of available equipment and technologies for project organization, time management and planning workload distribution.
- Manages the annual outcomes assessment process.
- Works with campus departments to review, evaluate, write, and complete annual outcomes assessment, including learning outcomes, program outcomes, and administrative outcomes.
- Designs and conducts training sessions to enhance understanding of program outcomes.
- Assists the Director of Institutional Research with maintaining records and reporting for regional accreditation (SACSCOC).
- Conducts research related to potential future programs of study at the College.
- Assists department leaders throughout the annual program review process by providing relevant data and assisting with documentation.
- Administers surveys and summarizes survey data for internal and external stakeholders.
- Uses standard Informer queries to obtain data from the College’s database to support the assessment, evaluation, planning, and reporting functions.
- Employs a variety of Microsoft Excel functions to create reports using raw data.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of all institutional and system data.
- Develop programming solutions to prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Analyze complex data and information, identify anomalies and trends, and interpret the results using specialized statistical software such providing the information in a user-friendly format.
- Provide customized research reports and results of statistical analyses, highlighting main findings and key points, and effectively communicate the results to the user both orally and in writing, with appropriate use of graphs, charts, and tables.
Participates in professional organizations such as the Community College Planning and Research Organization (CCPRO) and/or others relevant to the position.
- Achieves and maintains the technical competencies necessary to perform all functions of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous, and professional manner
- Comply with the college's policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Compliance.
Knowledge of :
Modern office operations, procedures, software and equipment.
- Standard and specialized educational and business software applications including Ellucian Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, survey, and other software.
- Sources, uses and types of data applicable to institutions of higher education.
- Laws pertaining to confidentiality of data and information.
- Planning, research and institutional effectiveness in higher education.
- The North Carolina Community College System, including its mission, programs and procedures.
Ability to :
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Define problems, collect and conduct statistical analysis of data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and recommend solutions.
- Apply computer technology for research purposes, specifically, the use of Windows, databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, graphical presentation software, statistical software such as survey software, Internet based applications software and Internet research.
- Create and analyze surveys appropriate for educational institutions.
- Develop and maintain relational databases and accurate and complete automated records and files applicable for educational institutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of data and information.
- Develop and implement annual outcomes-based objectives for the research office.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Work successfully in a team environment, prioritize a variety of work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Read, interpret and apply complex rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Interpret technical instructions in written, oral, schedule or diagram form and deal with multiple, concurrent, abstract, and concrete variables.
Associate’s Degree from an accredited higher education institution.
- Experience in research and data analysis in post-secondary education setting with evidence of demonstrated expertise in retrieving and analyzing data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Ellucian Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, or other similar software is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is desired.
- North Carolina Community College experience preferred
This position REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS be submitted in addition to the application. Please have these documents ready to upload when applying.
Candidates are required to submit OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS for all degrees obtained prior to their first day of work or hire date. If highest level of education is High School diploma or equivalent, proof of completion is required.
Candidates who have obtained their education outside of the US and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated, at their own expense, by an outside credential evaluation service as equivalent to the Baccalaureate or Master's degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
To claim veterans’ preference, all eligible persons shal
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*