Project SEARCH Skills Trainer
- Provide quality employment and life skills training to students in local High Schools as they prepare for transition from school to the world of work.
- Communicate and develop positive working relationships with the Project Search onsite team to assist and enable effective service to the clients served.
- Plan and submit for approval to Supervisor all lesson plans for classroom instruction.
- Complete all documentation in a timely and accurate manner as required by funding agencies, The Arc and/or accrediting agencies.
- Identify and contact employers within the target area to assess interest in training and employing individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Place individuals into competitive employment that reflects the individualsâ€™ skills and interests, in a timely manner within agency standards
- Successfully complete all mandatory trainings within allocated timeframes as required by funding source and/or The Arc of NJ.
- Represent The Arc of New Jersey and all persons receiving services in a professional and reputable manner
- Be available to work weekend and evening hours, when required.
- Use person first language in all The Arc of New Jersey communications and activities
- Abide by The Arc of New Jerseyâ€™s Code of Ethics
- Comply with Project HIRE standards
- Promote Project HIREâ€™s vision in the region to staff, funders, participants and other stakeholders
- Ensure adequate vehicle insurance coverage for use of personal vehicles during work hours
- Utilize technology to increase efficiency and organization practice
- Perform any additional assignments or duties as requested by your supervisor
Qualifications:Â Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred in related field of social work; experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities a plus. A valid driverâ€™s license, insurability by The Arc of NJâ€™s automobile insurance carrier, valid vehicle insurance and reliable vehicle. A criminal and personal background check clearing the employee to work as Skills Trainer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*