Community Options, Inc.Â is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking aÂ Job Coaches in Nashville, TN. The Job Coach uses best practices and technology within a community-based employment setting. The Job Coach will supervise and train consumers with developmental disabilities
on how to acquire the skills needed to perform specific tasks, work routine, and personal life activities that are critical to successful employment.
The Job Coach will use the least intrusive methods to prepare the consumer for the job. As the consumer becomes adjusted and more independent, the Job Coachâ€™s objective is to gradually reduce the time spent at the job site with the consumer. The Job Coach will perform his/her duties in accordance with the policies and procedures set by the State in accordance with state-approved objectives and requirements. The Job Coach will maintain a high quality program in accordance with Community Optionsâ€™ standards and mission.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
- Comfortable using personal vehicle to transport client (if necessary)
- Provide the necessary assistance to the consumer in order for the consumer to be placed in competitive employment and maintain employment.
- Teach the consumer independent job skills, requirements utilizing job task analysis, job specific supports, including assistive technology and personal assistance.
- Assist consumers in reinforcing essential skills, or teaching new skills in developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with consumers at the job site, analyzing the job requirements and breaking it into manageable components that can be taught to the consumer.
- Complete any unfinished work of the consumer during the initial training.
- Identify and solve problems before they become a crisis for the consumer, employer and co-workers.
- Build a support network between the consumers and community members.
- Communicate consumerâ€™s progress to the employer and support people, including family, residential staff and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all documentation.
- Cooperates with internal and state investigations and inspections.
Knowledge and Skills
- Successful completion of required trainings.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of employer expectations and local job market.
- Ability to analyze a job and break it into manageable components.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and remain calm in a crisis situation.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate/interact with people at a variety of levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to present ideas and factual data in a clear concise manner.
- Ability exercise professional judgment and common sense on a daily basis.
- Ability to work creatively within the agency structure and as a team member with others in the agency and the community.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with consumers.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty).
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*