This job has Expired
Environmental Graphics Designer
Do you want to be a strong advocate for great design in all its forms?
Are you happiest when working with scientists, engineers, and technical staff who are achieving new heights with distinct perspectives and proficiency in their domains?
Are you a creative and versatile graphic designer who loves bringing a visual order to complex topics and organizations?
Does your portfolio include a wide variety of design samples?
If so, we could make an outstanding team!
Our Communications Department is seeking a highly skilled Environmental Graphics Designer to lead the development and implementation of creative design solutions for a variety of environmental graphics projects! This group of creatives provides technical staff, Lab leaders, and our Lab engagement and public relations strategists with high-quality multimedia products.
As an Environmental Graphics Designer, your primary job responsibility will be creating visually compelling designs that effectively communicate brand identity, enhance the user experience, and meet the needs of clients. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects from conception to completion.
In addition, you will…
- Lead the design and development of environmental graphics projects, including signage, wayfinding, branding, and experiential design
- Create compelling and innovative design concepts that meet client needs and communicate brand identity
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure designs are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest standards
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that they are completed on schedule and within budget
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, understanding their needs and goals to deliver high-quality design solutions
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior designers and production staff
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in environmental graphics design
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, Environmental Design, or a related field
- 4+ years of pure Environmental Graphics experience or 10+ years of graphic design experience with high EG exposure, with a portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise in branding, signage, wayfinding, and experiential design
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks effectively
- Needs light to moderate fabrication experience AND working knowledge of fabrication materials (wood, glass, plexi, metal, etc.)
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and AutoCAD
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts and solutions to clients and team members
- Ability to lead and mentor junior designers and production staff
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creating exceptional design solutions
Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*