This job has Expired
Visitor Control Receptionist
Do you enjoy interacting with the public and greeting people?
Are you conscientious about security in the workplace?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a Lobby Receptionist to be a welcoming first impression of the Laboratory. You will receive and register visitors, record visits and ensure all badges are issued according to security procedures. You will work with a team of collaborative Security Specialists to assist in maintaining a high level of security as well enhancing the visitor entry experience.
As a Receptionist on our Visitor Control Team, you will...
- Work with meeting hosts at the Lab (Meeting POC) or Admin before their visitors expected arrival to streamline their visitors access by checking clearance status a head of time and communicating any needed information and instruction. Handle meeting spreadsheets and preregister visitors in the Visitor Management System, Passage Point. Compile monthly reports.
- Welcome visitors, check identification, register them in our Visitor Management database and activate their badge for use with the access control system. As needed, check visitor clearances in a DoD database, DISS and issue a badge for the correct access. Assist visitors in resolving clearance issues and notify the Point of Contact (POC) of visitorís arrival.
- Monitor lobby emails responding to and handling meeting & visit notifications for the applicable entry location. Record and notify the Incoming Visitor Control Office of all VIP visitors preparing VIP Badges in advance as needed. Record and update notifications of visits and meetings on the Lobby Weekly Meetings spreadsheet. Relieve and help other Lobby receptionists as needed.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess an AA Degree or 2+ years equivalent related experience in a receptionist or Business Administrative role.
- Have experience in computer software skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word Database entry experience, and keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills with experience in a public facing position.
- Good organizational skills, follow through and interpersonal social skills.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Previous lobby experience and visitor access database skills.
- Security experience & familiarity with the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) for validating clearances.
- Hold a Secret Clearance.
- Experience interacting with and processing high profile visitors and sponsors.
- Possess a working knowledge of APL's practices, procedures, facilities, services, and culture.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationís most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLís campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at†http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyoneís voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*