This job has Expired
Post Doctoral Fellow
Post Doctoral Fellow - Psychiatry and Behavorial Health (23000151)
Job Type(Full or Part-time):Full Time Benefits Eligibility :Full Benefits
Detailed Shift Information. :Days, M-F
The post-doctoral fellow works under the supervision of a licensed psychologist providing behavioral health care (consultation, therapy, and assessment, in addition to research and scholarly activities as appropriate) in a fast-paced academic medical setting. The fellow will participate in regular supervision and in didactics.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
- Prepares and presents lectures/journal discussions, and or didactics as assigned to members of the healthcare community, psychology interns, psychiatry residents, family medicine residents, other students, and the lay public.
- Supervision of psychology interns.
- Liaison/Consultation/Therapy to patients from clinics in the region; serving the behavioral health issues of adults, children, and families.
- Psychological evaluation and management of patient population referred by faculty and residents from a variety of clinics (e.g., from Family Medicine to specialty clinics and hospitals).
- Implement research and quality improvement projects.
- Program development, program evaluation, and research and grant funding in area of interest.
- Participates in assigned rotations to continue education
- Attends weekly supervision.
- Provides appropriate and timely psychological care to patients
- Conducts scientific and evidenced based research
- Performs on-call duties as required
- Communicates written and verbal reports regarding services
- Helps provide education and training to students
- Attends educationally related activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Knowledge and experience required related to integrated behavioral health and area of specialty (i.e., health psychology).
Knowledge of computer programs including ability to design and deliver didactic PowerPoint presentations.
Provides patient customers with a service that assures they are listened to, understood, cared for, and treated fairly and courteously, intelligently, individually and respectfully. Where possible and available, provides evidence-based assessment and interventions. Where possible and available, conducts research and quality improvement projects.
Work practices meet Health Center and departmental health, safety and security requirements.
Employee maintains high ethical standards and compliance with applicable laws, governing bodies, policies and regulations.
Required Education / Experience:
Doctorate in Psychology is required, as well as completion of an APA-approved internship.
Provisionally Licensed Psychologist or obtained during Fellowship preferred.
Requires a doctoral degree in psychology.
Preferred Education / Experience:
Passing of the Jurisprudence Examination preferred.
: 001-University of Texas Health Science Center-Tyler
: Apr 10, 2023, 11:46:59 AM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*