This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Research Associate Sr
Postdoctoral Research Associate Sr - BMR 7 (23000139)
Job Type(Full or Part-time):Full Time Benefits Eligibility :Full Benefits
Detailed Shift Information. :Days, M-F
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will join the PI’s efforts in understanding the role of blood clotting proteins and other mediators in hemostasis, thrombosis, inflammation and other disorders. Candidate will perform in vitro and in vivo experiments and contribute to the laboratory research program. He/She will organize, design, and perform experiments utilizing molecular biology, cell biology and/or biochemical techniques and assays. Perform experiments in the laboratory which will include animal experiments, maintain mammalian cell cultures, transfections, isolation and characterization of extracellular vesicles, and isolation and analysis of mRNA and miRNA. The studies will also include isolation and culture of blood cells, endothelial cells, and other cell types and perform cell signaling studies in these cell types. The work involve in running assays such as Western Blots, qPCR, WB, ELISA, coagulation assays as well as carry out data analysis.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
- Plans and conducts experiments in biomedical research related to hemostasis, thrombosis, inflammation, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Design and perform experiments in vitro and in vivo .
- Prepare abstracts, manuscript for publication and written reports of research and grant proposals, independently.
- Makes scientific presentations and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Run assays such as Western Blots, qPCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, and coagulation assays
- Tissue preparation for sectioning, tissue sectioning, histology,immunohistochemistry, and microscopy.
- Work with with small laboratory animals, involves administering tail-vein injections, blood collection, and surgical procedures in the mouse.
- Record keeping on daily basis and carry out data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience/knowledge related to biochemical, cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Working knowledge of animal models design and protocol preparation.
- Familiarity with initiating and maintaining primary cell cultures.
- Knowledge about statistical methods.
Able to follow oral instructions
Required Education / Experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree is required.
- Practical Expertise 1-3 yrs
: 001-University of Texas Health Science Center-Tyler
: Mar 16, 2023, 5:36:54 PM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*