This job has Expired
COMMITMENT TO MISSION
This position has an obligation to uphold the mission of Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC). The characteristics of professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect, and accountability are essential. This key executive should possess strong personal and professional acumen.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit, regionally accredited institution committed to a higher standard of educational excellence focused on academic and professional success. Located on a beautiful 180-acre campus in in Western Pennsylvania, PTC was founded in 1946. PTC awards associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates within 10 Schools and 30 Programs. PTC offers college experience that is empowering and culminates in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking students.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Intramurals and Club Sports Coordinator will schedule, coordinate and evaluate all regular intramural sports programs, special events (tournaments), and club sports. Will set up clinics to train student referee staff. Oversee intramural play and enforce disciplinary policies. Meet the students’ recreational needs.
- Schedule intramural programs and special events in coordination with Student Activities.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the intramural program.
- Assist with planning and administration of intramural leagues to include recruiting, registration, scheduling, verification of eligibility and player status, supervision, and completion of reports and evaluations.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student intramural staff to perform necessary duties.
- Ensure proper supervision for all intramural events.
- Oversee the implementation and growth of intramural sports, as well as manage the intramural budget.
- Assist in the implementation of Student Activities programs and Residence Life events.
- Contribute to PTC's overall success by performing additional duties as needed.
- College degree, preferably in physical education or sports management.
- An equivalent combination of professional and educational experience may be considered.
- Experience in managing or working with staff. Previous sports experience or training (coaching, scheduling, playing).
- Competencies, Skills, and Abilities · Specific understanding of several sports’ rules and regulations.
- Computer and communication skills. Word and Excel.
- Flyer/advertisement development and marketing.
- Technology communication with teams and staff.
- Part-time, usually Monday – Friday within the hours of 4:00 – 10:00 p.m., or based on scheduled events.
- Workplace Factors · Be able to work both indoors and outdoors. Work schedule may change due to scheduled events and intramural season.
- PTC offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- Payday is last working day of the month
- Must successfully complete criminal background and credit check prior to starting position.
- Must provide three (3) professional references.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*