This job has Expired
Full-Time Instructor (Accounting)
Nassau Community College (NCC), a member of the State University of NY (SUNY) system of Colleges and Universities, is a diverse and multi-cultural campus. NCC provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. NCC promotes positive efforts in recruitment to achieve equity and inclusion and is conducting a search to fill anticipated staff and administrative vacancies. All vacancies are filled pending budget approval.
- Plan and deliver curriculum in classrooms, laboratories and/or practicums ensuring that students acquire essential skill sets and objectives stated in departmental course outlines.
- Instruction should be meaningful and assessment-based so students may be observed and evaluated.
- Monitor the students' progress, keep grade records and must provide relevant assessment data to the department in a timely manner.
- Use appropriate terminology and technology to communicate with students and provide academic support.
- Comply with College policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and professional learning environment for students in Accounting courses.
ACCOUNTING Teaching Faculty
Bachelor's degree plus an advanced degree, one of which must be in accounting and a CPA or CMA license, and a minimum of one-year practical experience or a minimum of one-year college teaching experience is required.
Bachelor's degree in any academic discipline and have met the New York State Department of Education 150 semester hour educational requirement and are licensed as CPA in the state of New York; and must possess an advanced degree and have a minimum of one-year practical or a minimum of one-year college teaching experience.
In addition, within one semester of employment, all accounting faculty are also required to complete the training in the textbook publisher's supplemental materials for the current edition of the textbook being used for all teaching modalities.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*