This job has Expired
Computer Science / Cybersecurity Coordinator
This is a full-time, 10-month position (no work during July & August). The Computer Science / Cybersecurity Coordinator will oversee the planning, organizing, and teaching within the TVCC Business and Computer Science department. The Coordinator will teach approximately 9-credits per quarter in their particular area of expertise and will assist with the advising of students.
MANDATORY: Bachelors degree. Five years of computer science experience. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
PREFERRED: Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or closely related field. Three years of teaching experience. Multilingual (English and Spanish).
The Coordinator will work with the Department Chair to oversee the needs of the Computer Science / Cybersecurity program(s). Assist with vetting and hiring of qualified adjunct instructors. The Coordinator will teach approximately 9-credits per quarter in his/her area of expertise, so as they do not exceed the term and annual limitations described in the faculty collective bargaining agreement.
- Establish and maintain a long-term vision for the TVCC Computer Science /
- Ensure Program and Institutional level outcomes are conducted and documented.
Responsible for the oversight of Program reviews.
- Help to create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Assist in developing and maintaining student advising activities. o Coordinate department participation in “Advising Day”.
- Work with the Vice President of Academic Affairs in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of part-time faculty.
- Initiate participation in college-wide meetings, in-services, and committees for program enhancement.
- Promote teaching excellence, professional development, and service to the college and community, keeping updated on nursing standards and college policies.
- Coordinate development and review of curriculum with members of department.
- Work with members of department to develop a teaching schedule that considers faculty and student needs, times of day classes are offered, and day/evening/distance opportunities. Develop schedule for courses for the quarter/year in a timely manner. Prepare and update quarterly/annual class schedule.
- Serve as contact person/coordinator for the department with regard to state, professional, and accrediting groups, the community, and other external contacts.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time (10-month, no work in July & August), Professional, exempt position.
Benefits include medical insurance for employee and eligible dependents, Oregon retirement plan as well as 160 hours of annual vacation leave, 16 hours of annual personal leave and 8 hours per month of sick leave accrual.
A complete application file consists of the following:
- A letter of interest stating how you are qualified to perform the duties of the position.
- A resume
- College transcripts, if any (copies are acceptable at this time)
- A TVCC application for employment. A pdf fillable application may be downloaded at www.tvcc.cc/hr/jobs.cfm
- If applicable, a completed DD Form 214 in order to establish veteran preference per OAR 839-006-0445 and OAR 839-006-0450(3)
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: All application materials should be submitted or mailed to: HR@tvcc.cc or Human Resources, Treasure Valley Community College, 650 College Boulevard, Ontario, OR 97914.
TREASURE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*