EC - Ben Davis University High School - Business Adjunct Instructor
Early College is seeking candidates for a Business adjunct faculty position. The successful candidate will teach Business Dual-Credit courses to students in the Vincennes University Early College program located at Ben Davis University High School.
The adjunct Business Professor will work at Ben Davis University High School, teaching Business dual- credit courses to Early College students. This instructor is responsible for assigned sections of Business, Management, or other assigned courses offered through Vincennes University but located at an early college site on the west side of Indianapolis. Scheduled courses would be either on M, W, F, or T, TR and would run both fall and spring semesters. Additional information will be given during the interview process.
Experience in teaching in the K-12 or post-secondary setting is preferred but not required.
Ben Davis University High School is an endorsed Early College in the MSD of Wayne Township Schools located on the west side of Indianapolis. This position is for an adjunct professor that works for Vincennes University at our early college high school. BDU has a supportive small school environment with 430 students who must apply, interview, and are accepted and start the program in grade 9.
BDUHS only has grades 10-12 and has celebrated 100% & 99% graduation rates for the past eleven years in which students earned both their Academic & Technical Honors Diploma and their Associate Degree.
Additional information regarding credentialing is listed below. Please note that this is a FACE-TO-FACE position and NOT a virtual position; therefore, only local candidates will be contacted and considered.
- Provide effective instruction and assessment of course objectives to Early College students in assigned sections of Business, Management, and any other assigned courses offered.
- Prepare course materials for instruction and assessment as guided by campus syllabi, faculty liaison, and Early College admin.
- Be available for an instruction schedule of either M, W, F, or T, TR each semester.
- Attend BDU Early College adjunct meetings at the start, middle, and end of the year.
- Participate in required yearly professional development.
- Utilize various learning management platforms for attendance, grades, and other procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: Tested Experience Credentialing RequirementsBachelor's in Business Studies or related area, plus a relevant Industry recognized certification or minimum of two years' documented related industry experience.
Preferred qualifications: Traditional Credentialing RequirementsMaster’s in Business Administration or related area; or Master’s with 18 Grad Hrs in Business
Administration Discipline or related area.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*