This job has Expired
Endpoint Management-Technical Assistant - Contingency Professional Services- No Benefits
Date: May 12, 2023
Title: Endpoint Management-Technical Assistant ¿ Contingency Professional Services- No Benefits
Position Number: 1518
Hours: 28 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Systems Administrator-Endpoint Management
Posting Close Date: Open until filled
For information on ¿Who are Professional Services, No Benefit Employees?¿ please visit
The Endpoint Management team is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of the endpoint computing experience at the college. Technical assistants work with endpoint management staff to deliver and fulfill the vision for this experience.
This position will be a vital component of a team dedicated to delivering innovative and timely solutions to meet the technological needs of the college. Candidates should be motivated, passionate, and possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates should also possess a desire to learn and expand upon technical proficiencies and be comfortable working collaboratively in a team environment. Ideal candidates have a penchant for technology and have existing experience in the information technology space, preferably with a higher education focus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with the development, testing, and maintenance of technology resources such as operating system images, application packages, and configuration payloads.
- Assist with the administration of management frameworks such as Microsoft Configuration Manager and JAMF Pro.
- Package, repackage, and script installation of Windows and macOS applications under the guidance of Endpoint Management Systems Administrators.
- Write, test, and deploy scripts using scripting languages such as PowerShell or Bash and tools such as PowerShell AppDeployToolkit.
- Deliver technical training to both technical and non-technical staff and faculty.
- Document processes and support procedures within the college¿s knowledge base.
- Provide thorough documentation of cause, solution, and/or work completed with the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software incidents on a wide variety of devices.
- Work to identify, design, and launch tools, services, or solutions at the direction of Endpoint Management system administrators.
- Collaborate with other Information Technology teams on both a daily and project basis.
- Conduct discovery and elicitation interviews with staff and faculty to support requirement driven hardware selection.
- Maintain the college¿s technology resources per established standards and customer needs.
- Inform and consult with Information Technology¿s asset management team on the identification, testing, and deployment of new technologies and software.
- Provide timely and professional customer service to GRCC students, staff and faculty both in-person and remotely.
- One year experience in hardware or software support.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including both verbal and written communications.
- Successful experience working with populations with diverse levels of technical experience and proficiency.
- Ability to prioritize projects, daily work, and other duties as specified by the supervisor.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot both equipment and software problems.
- Precision is paramount in this position.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and maintain a good attendance record.
- Willing to assist with different job functions as needed during peak times.
- Working knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems and applications preferred.
- Interest in technology, information systems, and/or computer information systems preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment regarding the communication, viewing, and working with college data required.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Ability to handle pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Possess mature judgment.
- Ability to learn and react quickly, make decisions and execute them expeditiously.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Grand Rapids Community College will comply with any mandated health and safety requirements. Employees will be directed to our GRCC Policy(s) for compliance information.
- Ability to work in a high traffic, indoor environment
- Ability to work in busy office with frequent interruptions
- Must be able to walk frequently throughout campus.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on Open until filled. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing c
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*