This job has Expired
Vernon Campus- Classified III, Administrative Assistant, Athletics
Description of Duties:†The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Athletic Director.
Specific duties include:
1. To participate in all clerical functions as assigned by the Athletic Director, including the handling of correspondence and assisting with research and compilation of reports.
2. To provide clerical and secretarial support to the coaches and other staff assigned to the King Physical Education Center.
3. To be knowledgeable concerning the total educational programs of VC so that accurate information can be given to prospective students and visitors.
4. To assist in planning and coordinating the annual Sports Banquet.
5. To maintain general files.
6. To process telephone calls as appropriate.
7. To process all items within Colleague for the Department of Athletics.
8. To maintain supplies of materials and forms used for the routine functions of the office.
9. To work with the community recreation program to coordinate activities in the Natatorium and King Center Gym.
10. To assist in enforcing all King Center policies and procedures.
11. To assist in supervising work-study students and other part-time staff.
12. To function as a team member of the Athletics department in the development and implementation of processes necessary to accomplish the goals and philosophy of the division and the College.
13. Coordinate and prepare activities of Sports Day.
14. Assist with compiling data for semi -annual and annual reporting.
15. Assist with the processes of book distribution and scholarship information.†
16. To assume special duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director, Vice-President of Student Services, and/or President of the College.
Experience and Training:†1-3 years experience in an office setting. Ability to work with multiple people and multiple tasks.
Education:†High School diploma, Associates degree is preferred or one or more years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:†Applicant must have good customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively with students and staff. The ability to multi-task and work with numerous interruptions is a must, along with being detail oriented.
Preferred Qualifications:†Microsoft office experience preferred.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:†High School Diploma
Maximum Educational Qualifications:†Bachelor's Degree
Salary or Salary Range:†This is a 12 month full time position with full time benefits. The salary is $25,065 based on a Classified III/Step 0 position on the Classified salary scale. Applications will be accepted until†May 17th.†This position is available immediately.† ††
This is a security-sensitive position and is subject to a criminal history record. Criminal history records will be used only for the purpose of evaluating applicants for employment in security-sensitive positions. (Texas Government Code 411.094 & Texas Education Code 51.215)
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*