The Program Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day functioning of the Supported Living Program to include all aspects of hiring, training, and scheduling staff to meet the clients needs; Maintaining good working relationships with families and guardians, the community, other collaborative agencies and persons, and the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). Must have knowledge and understanding of WAC’s, Regulations, and DDD policies that govern community residential programs and Volunteers of America Western Washington policies & procedures.
- Ensure that needed health care services to clients are provided in a consistent, timely, appropriate and coordinated manner.
- Will work with clients directly. Ensures that client’s living spaces are maintained, safe, and healthy environments.
- Attends ISP/IISP meetings, facilitates person centered planning meetings and writes IISP goals and objectives. Also, writes six-month summaries on client progress. Ensures that client instructional programs are implemented per ISP and documented as required.
- Ensures that clients are trained in emergency procedures.
- Maintains positive, regular contact and communication with clients, guardians, and DDD.
- Provides supervision to lead staff and staff, including written evaluations. Arranges and facilitates regular staff meetings and attends Manager’s meetings.
- Maintain all required training competency’s as outlined by the agency and DDD. Will work with agency trainer to provide feedback as to staff training needs.
- Assists in locating suitable housing for clients as needed.
- Participates in scheduled office day(s) as needed to assist with answering phones, fielding community inquiries and miscellaneous office duties as assigned.
- Program Manager is to carry agency cell phone and be available for emergency calls as needed.
- Facilitates employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, and staff training requirements.
- Ensures client financial records are accurate and maintained.
- Supervise timely completion of time cards.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Client Safety needs met as outlined in the ISP and contract requirements, State WACs met, and client training toward more independence being offered specific to the individuals we serve.
- Appropriate staff hired, trained, and supervised. Communication maintained with staff, clients and guardians.
- Having a cooperative, effective management team that utilizes each other as resources and cooperatively resolves challenges
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in an office and supported living site environment to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read, speak, stand, walk and sit
- Must be able to see and use computer and be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and clients in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to reach above head and perform repetitive movements.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. with help, may be required to lift higher weights with help and tools such as a lift.
- Must be able to drive automobile, and should you ever be involved in an accident during work time, you will be required to be subject to drug and alcohol testing.
A BA in a related human service field or equivalent plus two years experience working with developmentally disabled persons; experience as a supervisor is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience must be within similar industry. This person must obtain and maintain a current CPR First aid certification and NAR card.
- Vacation and Sick Time: accruals are based on hours worked, available to use after 30 days of employment.
- Holidays: 8 paid per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flex Spending
- 403(b) Retirement Plan matching
- Paid travel time between clients; Mileage reimbursement; and free trainings
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*