Cell Therapies Data Specialist
Cell Therapies Data Specialist
450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Full Remote: Never on Campus
The Cell Therapies Data Specialists will support the clinical research program, under the auspices of the Principal Investigator(s) and the Clinical Trials Office, in the areas of data collection, computing, and database organization. Duties may include but are not limited to; the examination, synthesis, and evaluation of medical records; the abstraction and recording of pertinent medical information; and the monitoring of patient status. The Cell Therapies Data Specialist II will independently navigate and extract relevant data from patient electronic medical records for submission to internal and external databases.
The work location for this position is full remote, however the selected candidate must live and work from one of the New England states (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT)
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Navigate patient medical records with strict adherence to HIPAA standards.
- Complete mandatory systems trainings.
- Read and adhere to internal departmental written policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and job aids.
- Abstract relevant data from patient medical records.
- Complete in-person and/or self-guided data manager onboarding with the Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR).
- Comprehend complex data reporting guidelines as defined by the CIBMTR.
- Attend regular clinical patient case review meetings.
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records in internal databases for the purposes of quality improvement, outcomes, and research.
- Submit CIBMTR Transplant Essential Data (TED) level baseline and follow-up forms for cell therapy recipients.
- Submit CIBMTR Comprehensive Report Form (CRF) level baseline forms for cell therapy recipients.
- Communicate with clinical faculty & staff members (MDs, nurses, etc.) to clarify complex patient cases.
- Attend virtual and/or local in-person continuing education conferences.
- Submit CIBMTR Comprehensive Report Form (CRF) level follow-up forms for cell therapy recipients.
- Resolve queries from CIBMTR as needed.
- Complete additional (non-CIBMTR) fields within internal database.
- Attend virtual and/or in-person continuing education conferences.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ years relevant experience, OR
- 5+ years of relevant experience in one or more of the following fields:
- BMT and/or cell therapies data management
- Laboratory experience
- Clinical experience (such as clinic assistant)
- Experience with data extraction in a medical setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be organized and highly detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload.
- Must practice discretion and adhere to institutional and federal confidentiality guidelines at all times.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*