The Administrative Assistant for Madden will provide secretarial and clerical support to the Dean of the Madden School of Business, The McNeil Academy for Risk Management and Insurance and The Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity. The Administrative Assistant will also assist the Assistant Dean for the Madden School of Business with the organization of annual events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Job duties specific to this position:
The Madden School of Business
- Answer and direct phone calls to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinate meeting times and attend meetings for the Madden Advisory Board to record, compose, and later distribute minutes.
- Create and distribute Dean's List letters and certificates for approximately 200 students per semester.
- Create certificates for the Management Leadership Series course, Departmental Honors, Graduate Honors, and Purcell Scholars.
- As needed, arrange all travel and hotel arrangements for Associate Dean and others.
- Madden in NY; prepare financial spreadsheets for approval. Assist with organization and student registrations, faculty payments, and alumni involvement.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Provide general support to visitors, students, and faculty.
- Work on multiple projects daily as assigned.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be available for evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to all full-time faculty, adjuncts, and the Directors:
- Secretarial; typing and photocopying of manuscripts, syllabi, tests, and exams.
- Management of all expense accounts for traveling faculty monthly.
- Processing of invoices and expenses for student clubs and administrators.
- Order and track all office supplies for the office and copy room.
- Handle work requests for all office equipment and computers and all faculty offices and computers.
- Assist the Assistant Dean with the organization of the following annual programs:
- Dean's Scholar Fall Convocation
- DECA High School Competition (500 students)
- Senior Honors Convocation
- Graduate Commencement (MSIS and MBA).
- Assist with Undergraduate Commencement
- Purcell Scholars and McNeil Academy Awards Event
- Work closely with and assist the Alumni Office on alumni and current student participation in the annual Frank Fernandez Dinner.
The McNeil Academy for Risk Management and Insurance
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director of the McNeil Academy, including
- Maintenance of the Advisory Board list and contacts
- Coordination of McNeil Academy events
- Assist with fundraising lists, contracts, and fundraising workflow.
- Assist in the conceptualization, development and deployment of marketing initiatives targeting alums, advisory board members, industry partners and prospective contacts and respond to recipient's call to action.
- Notify industry partners of engagement opportunities and coordinate responses with career services and, in some cases, directly with students and schedule events as needed.
- Assist in the completion of administrative requirements and coordinate deadlines with staff members.
The Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director of the Keenan Center
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne's mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college's strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne's established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree required or A High School Diploma with experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience working for a CEO or Executive in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meets deadlines, and undertakes multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good judgment and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, students and outside constituents, to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion and perform daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee's unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne's community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne College's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission Statement
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit Tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
- 35 hour work weeks
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*