Human Resources & Payroll Coordinator
Full Job Description
Looking to innovate, grow, and make a positive impact on the lives of others? Join a nonprofit service and advocacy organization whose mission is to improve the lives of older adults, especially those who are struggling.
We are NCOA and we believe every person deserves to age well. That’s why we’re on a path to improve the lives of 40 million older adults by 2030. NCOA, a national voice for every American’s right to age well, has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator, in its Crystal City, VA office.
The Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator will help organize, coordinate, and carry out all human resource projects and processes for the organization to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience, by ensuring process flows are maintained and compliant. These essential functional areas include recruitment, new hire onboarding, benefits administration, document preparation and review, records management, data validation, payroll processing, and special projects. Serving as an HR ambassador, the Coordinator helps employees and external parties with HR-related information requests. Impeccable attention-to-detail, ability to multitask and organize effectively, strong systems and computer skills, and advanced communication skills are required. The Coordinator reports to the Senior Director, People Operations.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Will help organize, coordinate, and carry out all human resource projects and processes for the organization, including recruitment, new hire onboarding, performance management, benefits administration, document preparation and review, records management, data validation, and special projects.
- Perform accurate data entry in HRMS, including entering new hires, job/pay changes, terminations, and data batches. Review changes entered by project staff and third parties in ADP, Salesforce, employee self-service (ESS), or other systems used to complete HR tasks.
- Process and maintain payroll on bi-weekly basis for headquarters staff as well as two remote site teams.
- Respond to employee questions and correspond with vendors related to employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & ADD, disability, voluntary insurance plans, employee leave).
- Support recruitment activities, as assigned and under the direction of the Senior Director, People Operations.
- Prepare payment requests and expense reports and reconcile benefits statements, as requested.
- Maintain all electronic files and organize HR e-documents according to established policies and procedures.
- Draft for review HR documents (e.g., employment letters, leave letters, etc.) as requested.
- Monitor, maintain, and triage/respond to mail, inquiries coming into the general HR inbox, and questions and requests from employees.
- Post and update HR documents on the SharePoint intranet.
- Create regular and ad hoc reports and track the completion of required activities.
- Provide support for organizational culture initiatives and staff events.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, People Operations, will complete special projects and conduct regular audits of regulatory documentation, policy adherence, or other HR areas, as requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Demonstrated passion for HR with 2+ years of working experience in a human resources function or capacity; degree in business or human resources preferred.
- Understanding of payroll processing and associated compliance requirements.
- Experience with HRMS systems, specifically ADP.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state employment laws highly preferred.
- Must be savvy in computer systems and able to learn new systems and tools quickly (e.g., ADP, Salesforce, vendor portals, etc.); proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel required.
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills—expressive and receptive—to share and provide information effectively.
- Professional maturity, emotional intelligence, and sensitivity and discretion to the confidential nature of Human Resources information.
- Proactive problem-solving skills, and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a growing, changing organizational environment.
- Good decision-making and judgment, especially for determining appropriate action within the scope of organizational policies and practices and escalating requests to senior HR staff as needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively; must be a team player.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now or other HRMS system or web-based Applicant Tracking Systems preferred.
NCOA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NCOA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*