This job has Expired
Lecturer - Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Requisition Number 23M316023
Position Title Lecturer - Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Rider University invites applications for nursing faculty in the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner concentration in the MSN, and Post-master’s nurse practitioner programs. The Nursing Program is under the College of Education and Human Services. The graduate nursing programs offer concentrations in family, adult-gerontology primary care, and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. Courses are online and asynchronous with some residencies for skills development. The position will be at the rank of Lecturer to begin on September 1, 2023. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will provide their expertise in curriculum development and evaluation of the nursing programs. Responsibilities will include teaching in the BSN and graduate programs, advising and mentoring students, supervising of students in clinical practice, and collaborating with faculty and stakeholders in setting the direction of the nursing programs. The candidate is expected to participate in on-campus activities and meetings as needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for 24 teaching hours per academic year during the 10-month appointment.
The candidate is expected to provide service to the program and will attend department, university, and other committee meetings as determined by the Department Chair and the Dean.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff, and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
- A doctoral degree in nursing or related field (candidates completing their doctoral studies within six months of the application will be considered)
- National certification as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) or clinical nurse specialist (PMH-CNS)
- Licensed to practice as a PMHNP or PMH-CNS in New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania
- Three years’ experience practicing as a PMHNP or PMH-CNS
- Two years’ experience teaching in didactic and clinical settings
- Exemplary professional communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment supportive of the community’s multicultural needs
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Experience teaching in nurse practitioner programs
- Experience in course building/development
- Dual NP certification (family or adult-gerontology primary care)
About Rider University
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Location Lawrenceville, NJ
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*