This job has Expired
:†Office of Research Admin
:†Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center
Work Schedule:†Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm
Salary Range:†Targeted salary of $60,400 annually, based on experience
Required Attachments:†Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest, Writing Samples†
The Office of the Vice President for Research is seeking to hire for the position of Scientific Writer/Editor. This position writes/edits professional medical or research documents, to include but not limited to grant proposals, contracts, and manuscripts. Provides direction in grant writing and report preparation to faculty and principal investigators.
- Responsible for professional medical or research writing
- Assists in the writing of grant proposals, contracts, and manuscripts
- Reviews and edits grant applications, consent forms, research material, and protocol forms
- Assists with preparation of presentations, which may include preparing PowerPoint slides
- Maintains in a database information, to include but not limited to grant proposals, contracts, manuscripts, consent forms, research material, and protocol forms
- Participates in faculty workshops to provide direction in grant writing and report preparation
- Assists faculty with presenting information when transitioning to new areas of research or medicine
- Participates in postdoctoral training programs and the GPiBS graduate program to provide direction in grant writing, manuscript preparation, and data presentation
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Masters degree in a science field.
Experience: 24 months as a writer and or editor of grants, publications, manuscripts, and chapters.
Equivalent Substitution:†Will accept a Bachelors degree in a science field plus 48 months experience as a writer and/or editor of grants, publications, manuscripts, and chapters†
- Advanced knowledge of journal and grant submission processes
- Communicates and collaborates with scientists and physicians
- Proficient in copy writing, editing, proofreading, and composition
- Interpersonal skills
- Organized and ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to train other professionals on grant proposals, contracts, and manuscripts
- Physical: Must be able to communicate effectively. Sit for prolonged periods. Frequent keyboarding. Ability to engage in repetitive motions.
- Environmental: Standard Office Environment. Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods.
Diversity Statement:†The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions,†background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an†inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.†
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:†The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin,†sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its†policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities,†and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?-†Yes
:†Apr 28, 2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*