This job has Expired
Adjunct Instructor - Humanities and Fine Arts
Full Job Description
The Arts/Communications/Social Sciences Division is accepting applications for part-time instructor for the Humanities and Fine Arts Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the comprehensive community college mission.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to fostering an engaging learning environment for a diverse student body.
- Flexibility for teaching courses offered day, evening, and online.
- Instructional expertise to deliver instruction for 21st century learners and assess student learning outcomes as appropriate to ensure academic quality.
- Facility with a range of teaching and learning strategies to foster active learning and student success, which contributes to the fulfillment of the College’s strategic goals.
- Willingness to participate in activities or on college committees that contribute to the success of students.
- Master’s degree in the subject area or Master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate credit hours in the subject area
- Experience teaching online
- Experience with dual-credit/early college instruction preferred
Ability to stand and lecture for extended periods of time.
Kishwaukee College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and any reasonable and timely accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be made upon documented request by the employee.
Hours per Week
Weeks per Year
Budgeted Hours per Year
Temporary Position - Begin Date
Temporary Positions - End Date
Type of Position
Hiring Salary Range Requested
Support Staff Pay Band (if applicable)
Support Staff Pay Range (if applicable
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Illustrative Examples of Essential Functions
Job Duty Name
Description of Job Duty
- Promote the philosophy, mission, and vision of Kishwaukee College
- Provide engaging, enthusiastic, and student-centered teaching to community college students
- Establish a professional classroom atmosphere that encourages mutual respect and civil engagement
- Contribute to a collegial, collaborative, and positive attitude to the college campus
- Understand and convey the essentials of the course discipline that students should master
- Maintain high academic standards while demonstrating equitability and fairness
- Work successfully and productively in a team environment with other faculty
- Perform the necessary duties of an instructor to ensure quality instruction
o Prepare the course syllabus following the college-approved format and course content
o Be organized and conduct classes in accordance with the published class schedule
o Evaluate student progress through regularly scheduled assessments/exams
o Promptly return graded work to students and maintain student grade records
- Advise students as appropriate
- Performing the necessary duties of an adjunct instructor to ensure quality instruction
Percentage Of Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*