Adjunct Instructor of Political Science
Full Job Description
Adjunct faculty opportunities are available to teach classes in multiple fields during the day or in the evening, either face-to-face or via Zoom. Online opportunities may also be available. The pay will be based on the current adjunct faculty salary schedule. These positions are part-time and are not benefits eligible.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
All part-time instructors must adhere to all New River CTC policies and guidelines in the delivery of course material and in the assessment of student learning. General responsibilities include the following:
· Instructors must present a course syllabus that addresses the requirements of the college and the department for each class taught; syllabus must be complete and available when the class is first open to the students.
· The expectations of students for each class taught must be clearly communicated in the syllabus at the beginning of each class.
· Engage students in a meaningful, fulfilling, and valuable educational experience.
· Instructors must record and maintain complete and accurate records of student grading and achievement.
· Final grades for each class must be turned in by the specified date.
· Instructors must adhere to all requirements for student privacy (FERPA).
· Instructors must adhere to all timelines established for instruction based on the College’s academic calendar.
To ensure that your application is accepted, the following documents are required to be attached: Letter of interest, current CV, list of three professional references with contact information, and copies of certificates/licenses/transcripts.
Master’s degree in the field or closely related discipline with a minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the subject area from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Two (2) or more years of full-time equivalency of demonstrated teaching experience is preferred.
Experience using technology in the classroom and in teaching is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Beckley, WV: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Remote
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*