This job has Expired
The Division of Hematology & Oncology at The University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha), seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher in the lab of Dr. Sunil Hingorani. Our laboratory investigates molecular and cellular mechanisms of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA) pathogenesis as well as the immune profile over time of patients and mice with PDA. The murine models of distinct genetic subtypes of pancreas cancer that we have developed form the basis of our integrated, systematic, and multidisciplinary research program. Our efforts are directed at identifying and overcoming stromal and/or immune barriers to treatment. This includes but is not limited to, elevated interstitial pressures, activated fibroblasts, and mechanisms of immune suppression. Similarly, we aim to identify molecular or immune drivers of metastasis to aid in the development of immune-based treatment strategies.
Our ultimate aim is to take our discoveries and reduce them to practice in the clinic in order to radically transform the approach and prognosis for patients with this devastating disease. This position conducts translational research in a pancreas cancer laboratory and collaborates with faculty in ongoing and planned research.
- Provides instruction and mentors to students on the fundamentals of cellular and molecular biology, immunology, evidence-based medicine, research principles, and methodologies
- Develops and maintains research programs in the Division of Hematology/Oncology, including but not limited to cancer immunotherapy regimens focusing on pancreatic cancer
- Collaborates with projects on basic, clinical, and translational aspects of pancreas cancer
- Require at least 3 years of experience in cell culture (primary and commercially available cell lines, co-cultures, and human samples), RT-PCR, PCR, and DNA/RNA extraction
- Require expertise in the use of common laboratory instruments – ELISPOT/ELISA plate reader, pH meter, centrifuges, ultracentrifuges, spectrophotometers, and multi-plate reader
- Executes laboratory experiments to generate data, performs data analysis and interpretation, maintains laboratory notebooks, and presents data at laboratory meetings
- Writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Prepares abstracts and presents research findings at local and national meetings
- Participates in safety and quality assurance activities
The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment free from discrimination and harassment. UNMC is dedicated to creating an environment where everyone feels valued, respected and included. UNMC does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNMC complies with all local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Candidates interested in learning more about this position should contact:
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*