This job has Expired
Faculty FT: History, Political Science, & Education (K-12) Instructor
Full Job Description
HISTORY, POLITICAL SCIENCE, & EDUCATION (K-12) INSTRUCTOR
The History, Political Science, & Education (K-12) Instructor position is Open Until Filled so that we can find the ideal candidate for our amazing team.
Are you student centered? Motivated? A team player? Passionate about history, political science, and education? If so, this position is for you!
The Full-Time Faculty History, Political Science, & Education (K-12) Instructor position is primarily responsible for teaching history, political science, and our education classes for both college transfer and professional technical courses. Evening or offsite classes may be part of the assignment.
The faculty members of Umpqua Community College are committed to facilitating learning using the most up to date pedagogy, technology, and discipline specific knowledge. All faculty are responsible for teaching in all modalities and keeping current in new modalities that develop in higher education. Although facilitating learning is the most important role of the faculty, the needs of learners are also served when faculty are engaged in service to the college and student support activities. The following responsibilities and activities are listed in order to maintain consistency in the application of expectations and alignment of job duties with evaluation and promotion procedures.
REVIEW THE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
If you have an interest in coming to work every day to invest in the vitality of our next generations opportunities for career, personal and economic success, we welcome your application. We have the very best students, and our team is looking for the very best colleague to help reach its goals. Bring your energy, diligence, commitment, and collaborative spirit for student success to UCC.
REASONS TO WORK HERE
The Douglas County community through UCC is building upon 50+ years of rich academic experiences and lives changed through higher education. We are a student-centered, positive working environment that thrives on innovation. We are committed to ensuring that everyone who interacts with our campus feels included, valued, and inspired to fulfill our mission to transform lives and enrich communities.
Umpqua Community College is located in beautiful Southern Oregon between the mountains of the Cascade Range to the east and the Coastal Range to the west. Hiking, biking, camping and skiing are a short car ride away and the town is surrounded on all sides by the amazing Umpqua River for fishing and water sports. The area is also home to over 40 wineries and many breweries with a bustling downtown. Roseburg has everything you’d want from a small town and has easy access to the bigger cities of Portland and Eugene by jumping on I-5. Roseburg has live-ability, a friendly feel and is ready to be home to your next career and family adventure. To learn more about our amazing community, click here: https://www.experienceroseburg.com/
- Passion for student success
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Master’s degree in history and/or political science from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in education
- Experience teaching in the classroom
- Demonstrated ability to interact and effectively communicate with people.
- Community College classroom teaching experience
- Doctoral degree in history and/or political science
- Teacher licensure in K12
- Dual credit teaching experience at the high school level
- Skill in curriculum development, course revision, and student success
- Online instruction experience
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
For full consideration applicants must submit with their application all of the following:
- A cover letter which addresses your interest in and how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for the position;
- Current resume that includes educational and professional work experience;
- A list of 3 professional references listing contact information including email address;
- Transcripts - unofficial copies are acceptable
Umpqua Community College Honors Veterans Preference
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans’ Preference when applying with Umpqua Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
- Member Copy 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215)
- Letter from the US Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension.
For information regarding Veterans’ Preference qualifications, visit www.oregonjobs.com.
If you wish to self-identify under Section 503 as an individual with a disability, please provide this information by completing Department of Labor Form CC-305 available at www.dol.gov.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
Umpqua Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, handicaps or veterans status. This policy affirms UCC's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist.
Employment with Umpqua Community College is contingent upon background check approval.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*