Director of School Age Services
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Director of School Age Services is responsible for the oversight and management of the Joplin Family Y’s licensed and registered child care programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Implement curriculum that focuses on educational and structured physical activities within the context of the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
2. Interview, hire, train, and supervise all departmental staff and ensure employment and training files are accurate and up to date.
3. Ensure that programming and facilities abide by state licensing standards and mandates.
4. Evaluate staff and monitor sites to ensure delivery of highest quality of services.
5. Organize staff trainings to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants in the child care programs.
6. Assist income-qualified families in navigating the state assistance for child care process.
7. Develop and maintain positive relationships with school districts, licensing officials and local government.
8. Address customer service issues promptly and effectively.
9. Ensure that afterschool and summer food programs follow USDA guidelines, providing required information and reports to the appropriate agencies and attending required trainings.
10. Assist in marketing efforts designed to increase participation in YMCA child care programs.
11. Monitor and purchase program supplies as needed in adherence with budget.
12. Schedule and ensure coverage of departmental staff shifts.
13. Provide and communicate information to YMCA front line staff and across departments in a timely manner.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication & Influence
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Previous professional experience: Two to four years related experience.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Certificates and Licenses: CPR, First Aid
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*