This job has Expired
The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is a public, two-year community college serving Aurora and east metro Denver. CCA enrolls 11,000 students annually, over 62% of whom are students of color, including nearly 32% Hispanic students. 65% of CCA students receive some type of financial aid, including 52% of whom receive Pell grants, and nearly two-thirds are first-generation college students. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills.
CCA is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusion. The college is striving to become a more equitable institution by centering our Inclusive Excellence work and applying an equity lens in everything we do.
CCA's Mission: "The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment."
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative, inclusive, and engaging instructors to teach Humanities classes through dynamic and active learning strategies and private instruction. CCA is committed to quality instruction and maintains high academic standards as well as a strong commitment to the success of our students. The Arts & Communication Department exemplifies the highest commitment to the success and achievement of our students through the Inclusive Excellence framework, and we do this through departmental and college-wide collaborations and professional development.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote student success through engaging instruction, accessibility, and rigor.
- Embrace an Inclusive Excellence framework in pedagogy. This includes the ability to meet the needs of individual students, cover inclusive topics, and incorporate diverse sources into the curriculum.
- Provide differential instruction with high expectations and support for students of varied preparedness levels.
- Before the first class meeting, according to published deadlines, provide the department with a copy of the course syllabus.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all required components.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students in the college learning management system-Desire2Learn (D2L)-and submit required records according to published instructions and deadlines.
- Attend program/departmental/division/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Program Lead, Department Chair, Dean, or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Participate in instructional professional development activities as required; adjunct instructors must complete a departmental orientation during their first year.
- Complete the DesireToLearn (D2L) training, New Faculty Orientation, and any required CTE (Career & Technical Education) credentialing.
- Participate in all departmental and college-wide assessment practices.
- Understand and uphold the values of the college while abiding by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- Master's degree in Humanities or a Master's degree in a related content area and 18 graduate credit hours in Humanities.
- Willingness to learn about and incorporate the Inclusive Excellence framework into pedagogy.
- Ability to teach courses in-person at the CentreTech and Lowry campuses.
- Available to teach in the fall semester with a flexible schedule.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences/Humanities.
- College level teaching experience with Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Experience teaching in a community college setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Inclusive Excellence.
Salary: Instructional hours will be paid at the current Instructor rate, which is $875.00 per credit hour. Instructors are paid on a biweekly schedule. Site training and coordination will be paid on a contract basis.
Current Salary Rate: $875.00 per credit
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2022
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu. By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application
- A cover letter addressing the position requirements as well as any teaching experience and why you wish to teach at the Community College of Aurora, along with your approach to instruction of CCA's diverse student population
- A curriculum vitae or current resume uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- Two current professional letters of recommendation uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- A list of two additional professional references (include their name and title, institutional affiliation, complete address, phone, and email)
- Legible scans of unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring) that verify courses taken and when each degree was awarded. Please submit this as an attachment to your online application
- For any questions or technical issues please contact HR@CCAurora.edu
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
- Notice to all Applicants: Proof of eligibility to work (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*