This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Associate, Psychology
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a premier public R1 research institution in the State University of New York (SUNY) system that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by our mission, outstanding academics, facilities, and community life - promotes extraordinary student success, research, and service; Binghamton University is where our students, faculty and staff thrive.
Working at Binghamton University is more than about having a great job - it is about having the opportunity to flourish in an exciting, engaging environment. Our faculty and staff appreciate Binghamton's collegial and inclusive culture and its commitment to excellence, education, innovation and civic engagement. Our diverse campus community contributes to our success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty, exceptional staff, and ultramodern facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000+ students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first- generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration, and community service.
We are an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer, and in keeping with this commitment, we welcome all to apply, including veterans and persons with disabilities.
Budget Title: Postdoctoral Associate (SL-1) Full-time, temporary, 12-month position
Start date: September 1, 2023
The Department of Psychology invites applications for a Postdoctoral Associate who will participate in, undertake and assist with faculty-sponsored cognitive neuroscience research involving human subjects and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Primary job functions include:
- Planning and conducting faculty-sponsored cognitive neuroscience research
- Training staff, faculty and students in the acquisition and analysis of MRI-centered data
- Generating experimental paradigms, including coding neuropsychological tasks to be conducted during MRI scanning
- Setting up and troubleshooting experimental equipment
- Writing and managing experimental protocols with the Institutional Review Board
- There will also be opportunities to initiate independent research projects
- A doctoral degree in psychology, neuroscience or a related discipline
- At least three years of experience with MRI research involving human subjects
- At least two years of experience with coding experimental paradigms using E-Prime, MATLAB or equivalent programming environments
- Demonstrated capacity for professional-level independence, perseverance and innovation, as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong project management skills, such as detail orientation and attentiveness to timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with administrators, faculty, students, and staff across all disciplines, programs and offices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- One or more first-author, peer reviewed publications involving MRI research
- Experience conducting research using Siemens Magnetom Prisma MRI technology
The Department of Psychology is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment. Applicants who share this goal and who are members of underrepresented groups, women, veterans, and/or persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here .
All applicants must apply via Interview Exchange: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=160070
Deadline for Internal Applicants: April 3, 2023
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp .
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*