This job has Expired
Full Job Description
Northwood Technical College is seeking application from qualified candidates for a full-time Counselor at the New Richmond Campus.
The Counselor’s primary purpose is to assist students with personal, career, and academic planning as they transition into college, pursue their academic goals, and prepare for professional employment. Counselors collaborate with students, colleagues, employers, schools and community agencies to enhance student success. This position does not function as a licensed mental health therapist, nor is licensure required.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Learner Success
- Provide counseling to facilitate admissions process and admittance to the college
- Provide counseling to coordinate support services to enhance retention
- Operational Effectiveness
- Support the college enrollment management efforts
- Create, maintain and utilize records
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality utilizing FERPA standards
- Maintain ongoing professional development
- Develop and maintain professional partnerships with community organizations
- Provide counselor perspective to advocate for learner needs within Northwood Tech
- Serve as a professional counseling resource for college staff in order to effectively meet learner needs
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) to receive and report criminal incidents to the Northwood Tech Safety Office by virtue of this role’s responsibilities at the College (only applies to instructor positions with club advising duties).
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Master’s degree in related field including practicum experience
- Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience outside of education
- Two years (4,000 hours) experience counseling persons regarding vocational and career concerns
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining accountability and motivation in self and others
- Strong customer service skills that focus on diversity, community, and continuous quality improvement
- Problem-solving skills that employ critical thinking
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Experience leading projects through time management and effective delegation
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in career counseling and assessment
- Knowledge of and experience with retention strategies
- Technical College/Community college experience
- Experience in crisis response or crisis counseling
- Experience with computerized information systems
FY23 Salary - Grade L - $61,698 / year
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- 403(b)/457(b) Retirement Savings
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave
More detailed information online at https://www.northwoodtech.edu/about/employment/benefits
Northwood Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry. The College seeks to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
To learn more about our commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our College, click here.
Notice of Annual Security Report Availability
Northwood Technical College is committed to assisting all members of the Northwood Tech community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Northwood Tech website.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can stop by any Northwood Tech campus or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by emailing email@example.com.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, policies related to and programs to prevent sexual assault and other crimes, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Northwood Tech; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by Northwood Technical College Safety Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Northwood Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, service in the uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions or status in any group protected by state or local law in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies:
Amanda Gohde, AA/EEO Officer/Title IX Coordinator/Director, Human Resources
Rice Lake Campus
1900 College Drive
Rice Lake, WI 54868
Wisconsin Relay System TTY:711
Email Amanda Gohde
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*