This job has Expired
Accounting/Business Management Instructor
The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching, learning, and a desire to help students succeed in their academic and professional pursuits. As a Northwood Tech instructor, you will work collaboratively with colleagues and business/industry partners to deliver a curriculum that promotes high-quality instruction of cutting-edge skills to best prepare students for success. You will teach in a variety of learning environments which may include face-to-face, online, web-conferencing, and hybrid classrooms. This position is campus-based at our Rice Lake campus.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Develop and continually revise curriculum that includes Employability Essentials and technical content to meet industry and/or regulatory standards.
- Plan for instruction, including syllabi development, learning plans, and assessment strategies.
- Deliver, assess, and adapt effective instruction that meets the diverse needs of students.
- Apply a variety of instructional strategies, create learning plans, facilitate learning, and revise teaching practice.
- Promote a culture of continuing student success, implement strategies to promote learner persistence and meet the needs of multi-generational learners, demonstrate learner-centered communication, and utilize available student support services.
- Create performance-based assessment plans, employ a variety of formative and summative assessment strategies, communicate assessment results in a timely fashion to promote student learning, and use assessment results to improve instruction.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors to support teaching and learning and utilize varied strategies for managing the learning environment.
- Identify exit learning outcomes and external standards, develop competencies that describe intended learning outcomes, create performance-based plans and assessment tasks for each course, develop learning objectives and plans, prepare syllabi, and utilize a quality review process to validate curriculum.
- Utilize a variety of data analysis tools, analyze data from teaching and learning experiences, and use data to inform decision making about the teaching and learning process.
- Assess effectiveness in embracing diversity, examine the impact of college, community, and student demographics on teaching and learning, and create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
- May be assigned to mentor high school teachers who offer Northwood Tech-articulated courses.
- Model the Employability Essentials expected of Northwood Tech students, which are to communicate clearly, think critically, demonstrate professionalism, and practice inclusivity.
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) to receive and report criminal incidents to the Northwood Tech Safety Office by virtue of this role’s responsibilities at the College (only applies to instructor positions with club advising duties).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) occupational experience in the Accounting or Finance field of which at least one year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to the date of appointment
- Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) occupational experience in the Business Management field of which at least one year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to the date of appointment
- Demonstrated skill and ability using technology and the ability to learn new technology
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy or reliable transportation between campuses
- Master’s degree in related field
- Previous teaching experience using a learning management system
- Experience with in-person as well as remote instruction
- Curriculum development experience
- Knowledge and experience with the development and implementation of online learning
- Experience with software including QuickBooks, MS Office, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to excel in collaborative work environment
- Ability to work in a consultative capacity adapting to the needs of each student
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*