Faculty - Adjunct - Information Systems and Technology
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and regionally accredited institution committed to higher education excellence and focused on academic and professional success. Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking students.
Purpose of Job
Faculty of Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) are expected to perform the duties enumerated in the formal Job Description; to fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the PTC Board of Trustees and outlined in the Policy Manual; and to comply with both state and federal regulations and policy.
Deliver coursework in Information Systems and Technology as primary job function in both the on campus and online modality to a diverse population
Assist in curriculum development that supports industry best practices and workforce demands to prepare graduates for entry and mid-level employment opportunities.
- Master’s of Science Degree in field: Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems and Communications, Computer Science and Information Science, Cybersecurity, and Information Assurance.
- Current IT Industry Certifications Preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching, and instruction for students
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Logic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
Related expertise in industry leading best practice a plus.
State Teaching Certification not required.
- Minimum of three year’s related industry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- College teaching experience a plus.
- Experience using a learning management system to deliver online coursework
- Current computer industry certification in one of the following areas: programming, data analytics, and/or database administration
Course Examples: See PTCollege Catalog at ptc-catalog.pdf (ptcollege.edu)
Essential Job Functions
The Pittsburgh Technical College, School of Information Systems and Technology seeks faculty who strive for excellence, are committed to continuous student learning, and demonstrate passion and skill in effective teaching and learning facilitation both face-to-face and online.
- Work in conjunction with student advisors, academic chairs, and the student services team to support students in overcoming challenges that hinder their academic success and personal growth.
- Faculty are competent in their discipline and innovative in their approach to teaching and learning, utilizing instructional technology and digital resources to enhance the learning experiences.
- Serve as a role model for the students by demonstrating an excellent work ethic; portraying professionalism, and a commitment to personal growth and the on-going assessment and evaluation of their teaching
- Support PTC community events and activities.
- Demonstrate and promote high ethical standards and academic integrity supporting the atmosphere of collegiality, respect, and inclusion.
Pittsburgh Technical College (hereinafter “PTC”) will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with known disabilities if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship and/or a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the individual or others.
Other Job Information
Must pass criminal background check prior to starting position
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
PTC is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all positions. PTC believes that the gathering and celebration of unique experiences, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Our mission is to champion a community of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a spirit of civility.
To learn more about DEI’s mission, vision, and values, Visit the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion webpage
Disability Accommodation Statement:
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at PTC, please give us a call at 412-809-5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), PTC does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students with qualifying disabilities. PTC will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Work schedule will accommodate the on-campus and online teaching hours, committee work, and special projects, along with off-campus training and events, grading, and other work that is better done in a quiet and private environment.
Equipment used includes desktop or laptop with Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone, and other general office equipment
Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
Work generally performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Performance Measured By
Student Instructional Outcomes
Individual Performance Goals developed in collaboration with Academic Chairs
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*