This job has Expired
Temporary Research Associate
Essential Job Duties
Is Time LimitedNo
Job City & StatePuerto Rico
DepartmentApplied Ecology - Puerto Rico
Working TitleTemporary Research Associate
Work Schedule5 days a week (8hr days)
- MS Degree and at least 4 years of experience†
Department Required Skills
- Experience working with amphibians in Puerto Rico (genus Eleutherodactylus)†
- Ability to set up and monitor audio recorders and weather stations, downloading data into computers and formatting for analyses†
- Ability to collect, prepare and conduct experiments using a respirometer to assess effects of varying temperature and relative humidity†
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- At least 4 years of field and laboratory experience working with Eleutherodactylus frogs in Puerto Rico, particularly in west-central Puerto Rico†
- Experience running audio recorders to conduct occupancy analyses, weather stations to relate to occupancy, and explore relationship between downscale climate projections and on-the-ground conditions†
- Capable of running a respirometer to assess effects of varying temperature or relative humidity treatments.
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License required?No
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Anticipated Hiring Range$24-$26/hr
Job Open Date03/23/2023
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*