This job has Expired
Assistant Director, Testing Center
Location:Â North Branch, NJÂ
Category:Â Administrative and ProfessionalÂ
Posted On:Â Mon Mar 27 2023Â
The Assistant Director of the Testing Center supports the Director of Testing Services by overseeing and supporting internal and external testing processes and the daily operation of the Center to provide a secure testing environment that promotes student success. The Assistant Director will be responsible for managing the Testing Center in the absence of the Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate scheduling, work assignments, and provide oversight/training for Testing Specialists and Assistants.
- Develop operating procedures and other training materials.
- Supervise Testing Assistants.
- Assess and coordinate professional development opportunities to keep the staff current with local and national testing standards.
- Assist with budget management.
- Monitor and update the Testing Center SharePoint page to ensure accuracy.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer testing activities with high schools including concurrent enrollment, bridge programs, high school completion, and high school junior testing activities.
- Oversee placement testing and coordinate the scoring and reporting of special populations like the RISE prison program and other external populations.
- Plans and coordinates test scheduling for outside organizations including credit by exam, proctoring for other institutions, and for outside test vendors.
- Oversees the certification and administrator/proctor status for internal and external testing including ACCUPLACER, ATI CLEP/DSST, Scantron, GED, HiSET, and other test vendors as required.
- Present placement testing information at various on- and off-campus activities, such as Open Houses and Information Sessions. Provide representation at on- and off-campus events.
- Provide a high level of customer service in planning and executing testing.
- Provide support to the Director for Banner functions related to testing.
- Provide Testing Center coverage as needed.
- In the absence of the Director of the Testing Center, supervise the staff, programs, budget, and services of the center.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of three years of prior work experience in higher education.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task in a high-volume setting.
- Must be able to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Mature, professional judgment and a commitment to excellence.
- Strong commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office and database records management.
- Excellent customer service skills as demonstrated by relevant successful work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with Banner.
Full time position (12 months - 37.5 hours per week). Hours typically are 9:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday - Thursday and Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required at strategic times of the year and additional hours during peak testing periods. Blackout periods (no vacation or time off) apply during testing peaks, e.g. final exams and peak placement testing.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*