SLA Program Coordinator - Bridges to College Raider Ready - Contingency: No Benefits
Date: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â March 24, 2023
Position Title: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â SLA Program Coordinator â€“ Bridges to College Raider Ready - Contingency: No Benefits
1 open position for Main Campus (Grand Rapids)
1 open position for Lakeshore Campus (Holland)
Job ID:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1502
Hours: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 20-28 hours - Part-time temporary position until 12/21/2023
Compensation: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â $20 per hour
Reports to: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Dean of Strategic Outreach/Program Manager
Posting closes: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Open until filled
For information on â€œWho are Professional Services, No-Benefit Employees?â€ please visitÂ http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/employeegroups/contingentemployees.
These individuals will be responsible for coordination and management of the Bridge to College/Raider Ready Summer Learning Academies. In collaboration withÂ Strategic OutreachÂ staff, this individual will coordinate all college and external site visits, supervision of staff including navigators, and professional tutors. They will also coordinate and communicate with Math and Writing faculty as needed. Activities include overseeing, monitoring and following up with staff to ensure they are equipped to help students successfully complete the program.
This position requires high-touch case management. Regular onsite communications with student navigators, tutors, faculty and students through various means such as face-to-face conversations, classroom visits, text, phone calls, and emails are expected. This position will interact with GRCC and high school staff in their respective academy areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise student arrivals, departures, transition and passing times
- Coordinate and chaperone daily and weekly activities, both on and off campus,Â of the Bridges to College Raider Ready program, in conjunction with program manager, success navigators, faculty, tutors, peer mentors, and other student support service areas.
- Coach and mentor instructors, navigate throughout the duration of summer program, encouraging successful program completion.
- Track and monitor student progress toward goal/program achievement
- Assist with providing intake assessments, such as Accuplacer, English Blackboard, ALEKS testing, etc.
- Utilize Customer Relation Management (CRM) software to manage prospective student and applicant communication and outreach plans, as well as case management efforts to improve recruitment and enrollment
- Devise and execute recruitment strategies for the B2C program including outreach to area high schools.
- Provide presentation and information sessions for the College, distribute informational material and respond to inquiries at on and off-site recruitment and outreach programs.
- Develop and update student profiles to determine needed student supports and services.
- Lead key activities that support student persistence such as follow up and monitor studentsâ€™ non-academic needs and academic progress through various means (classroom visits, phone calls, texting, face to face meeting, social media activity, small group meetings, etc.).
- Provide support peer mentor and success navigators activities (persistence interventions, etc.).
- Maintain/develop a relationship with high school counselors and administrators, business leaders, community organizations, and other potential partners in our community to recruit prospective participants to the College.
- Maintain current knowledge of academic and occupational degree requirements, graduation requirements, transfer requirements and prerequisite requirements to move students toward completion.
- Guide students through course registration, admissions process, financial aid and other related topics, as needed.
- Provide case management services such as refer student concerns to appropriate college service areas, community resources and services, as needed
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean and Program Manager.
- Bachelor degree or comparable combination of relevant education and experience required.
- Bilingual in Spanish â€“ English preferred.
- Work experience with at-risk and diverse populations required.
- Ability to relate to diverse high school student populations.
- Experience in higher education and administrative settings are preferred.
- Experience with program development and summer initiatives are preferred.
- Skilled in the planning and implementation of events and programs.
- Candidates must have a high level of experience using and developing technology.
- Excellent formal presentation skills for small and large groups while presenting a strong professional presence.
- Ability to organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet timelines in a multi-project environment
- Proficient in use of electronic student information systems (PeopleSoft), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc), Google Workspace (Google Drive, Google Sheets, etc), Navigate, and other Internet applications preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of data reporting systems; experience with data tracking and preparing reports preferred.
- Ability to maintain a positive customer and student oriented approach in a demanding work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to serving a diverse student population with respect and equality.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing. Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Dedicated to student success and GRCCâ€™s mission, vision, and values.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, motivation, and the ability to be innovative and creative.
- Able to manage high-stress conflict resolution with a positive approach, be team-oriented, and have a strong work ethic.
- The position requires long periods of sitting, standing, reading and writing, listening and speaking.
- Must have reliable transportation to drive to various locations in the West Michigan area.
- Mix of seated office work and active off campus engagements (driving, standing at information tables for 2-3 hours, etc).
- Must be able to carry at least 25-30 pounds of recruitment and student engagement material.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. night) including occasional weekends.
- Must be able to commute between campus and high school locations and travel locally to participate in recruitment, testing, and intake activities in area GRPS High Schools.
Â Method Of Application
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position atÂ https://www.grcc.edu/jobs.Â The posting will remainÂ open until filled. Please include your resume and cover letter in one document. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation.Â
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*