This job has Expired
Director of Web Content and Digital Strategy
Date: March 23, 2023
Position Title: Director of Web Content and Digital Strategy
Department: Web and Digital Strategy
Job ID: 1501
Work Hours/Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks
Compensation: Meet & Confer – Grade 16, $68,706 per year
Reports to: Vice President of College Advancement/Executive Director of GRCC Foundation
Posting Close Date: Open until filled
Grand Rapids Community College provides an excellent benefits experience for our GRCC family. Our benefit package is designed to enhance employees' health and well-being. Part-time employees have different benefits outlined in the specific collective bargaining agreements and handbooks. Below is an overview of these benefits, additional details are available on the Human Resources/Benefits website:
- Six health insurance plan options (includes a high deductible plan with a health savings account option).
- A unique dental & vision reimbursement program (includes coverage for adult orthodontia & lasik eye surgery).
- Employer sponsored retirement plans as well as voluntary retirement savings plans (403b or 457 plans)
- Tuition benefits at GRCC for you, your spouse and your dependents.
- Tuition reimbursement at other higher education institutions for you.
- Generous time off that includes sick, vacation and personal leave banks.
- Paid holidays and holiday shutdown period in late December!
The director of web content and digital strategy is responsible for strategizing the continuous improvement of website features, content, information architecture, data collection and analysis to support the institutional goals of the college, including but not limited to areas of recruitment, retention, and institutional storytelling. Primary responsibilities include: strategizing website content and design efforts with a focus on user experience and search engine optimization; identifying goals, objectives and key performance metrics for content development; managing information architecture, hierarchy, navigation and interface design; evolving GRCC’s digital brand; creating, implementing and ensuring compliance in brand standards; and developing policies and comprehensive training for web editors. This position requires a strategic thinker who is proficient in marketing, content development and emerging technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams in projects related to evolving digital communications technologies, including but not limited to website design efforts and digital signage software.
- Work with contractors/vendors/consultants on the development and execution of web-related projects, including implementation timelines.
- Lead web development efforts with a focus on UX/UI and search engine optimization.
- Develop content strategies to drive engagement across digital platforms.
- Plan web content goals and design with departments and web editors.
- Manage college’s content management system, Drupal.
- Oversee website content approval processes.
- Ensure all website content follows federal ADA regulations.
- Serve as the liaison between the communications department and college departments with regard to web content and updates.
- Meet with college stakeholders to oversee the collaborative success of projects related to digital communications.
- Establish key performance indicators and monitor analytics to ensure website is effective in communicating to site visitors.
- Develop, manage and implement comprehensive training programs for department web editors.
- Oversee schedule of web page content updates.
- Develop and execute communications plans to the college community regarding web content publishing guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate on web content development projects (including, but not limited to, copy, photography and video).
- Write, develop and implement web-related policies.
- Implement and ensure website accessibility, aesthetic, editorial, and marketing objectives – for GRCC’s web presence to ensure accurate and professional representation of the college.
- Employ user testing methodologies and tools to conduct user experience testing.
- Develop content, guidelines and standards for digital signage.
- Use Siteimprove to analyze website readability, quality assurance, and ADA compliance.
- Manage remediation processes for documents that are required to be on the website.
- Research and implement long-term solutions related to website accessibility and design.
- Act as website product owner, making key decisions on content migration processes and policies.
- Act as department Budget Control Officer.
- Supervise web design and content personnel.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of College Advancement/Executive Director of GRCC Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or closely related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a communications-related role, with demonstrated success managing web pages.
- Prior experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- The following competencies are essential and will be evaluated for our candidates through the evidence-based selection process:
- Information Skills
- Interacting With Computers
- Getting Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Processing Information
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Thinking Creatively
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others
- Advanced copywriting skills.
- Ability to work within a content management system, Drupal preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in website development using an information architecture approach.
- General understanding of how website style sheets and templates function.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work in a team-based, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to learn new skills by practicing quality improvement.
- High level of creativity, energy, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Must possess initiative and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in/with groups to properly structure new sites or redesign existing sites to be more logical, user friendly, and professional is critical.
- Ability to use good judgment when handling confidential, or sensitive, college material.
- The position requires long periods of sitting, standing, reading and writing, listening and speaking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to effectively manage high stress issues and concerns.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Grand Rapids Community College will comply with any mandated health and safety requirements. Employees will be directed to our GRCC Policy(s) for compliance information.
- Office/desk work.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will remain open until filled. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*