Full Job Description
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Trustees
FLSA Status: Exempt (full time)
Start Date: ASAP
Position Objective: The Executive Director will be responsible for the execution of the strategic direction plans of Habitat for Humanity of Miami & Shelby Counties, OH (HFHMSCO).
Top priorities are to provide administrative support for organizational functions and build community impact by increasing the number of families served, grow our home building and repair capacity, grow our profile in the community and grow the number of volunteer opportunities.
Job Requirements: The minimum job requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, education, social work, communication, or a closely related field.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Must effectively communicate with all constituencies including the public, employees, the Habitat Board and Committees.
- Ability to make compelling presentations to diverse groups and to prepare well-written proposals and public relations materials.
- Ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations to staff and Board.
- Strong computer skills, database knowledge, proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work environment.
- Experience supervising employees, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training.
- Five (5) years in community work at an executive level.
- Provides administrative support for all organizational functions.
- Represent Habitat at public events and in other contexts as needed. Be a willing partner with other staff in all aspects of Habitat's mission.
- Is responsible for meeting all HFHI reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate Habitat's development activities including but not limited to:
- Public Relations - Coordinate all media relations and promote Habitat’s message throughout the communities we serve. Launch marketing efforts and community programs to increase Habitat’s visibility and expand community reach
- Volunteer Development - Strengthen the volunteer development program, increasing awareness of Habitat in the broader community and growing the overall number of volunteers. Recruit volunteers to fill opportunities at our construction/ repair/ rehab sites, in our office, at the HAC, at the ReStore or by serving on a committee
- Family Services - Market our repair program to the community and increase the number of property rehabs.
- Home Building - Increase land acquisition efforts to increase our home building capacity
- Is Responsible for all fund raising efforts, including but not limited to:
- Foundation Relations - Oversee the grant writing efforts by initiating and writing proposals and working with outside grant writers and program staff. Monitor current grants and ensure that proposals and reports are submitted according to all guidelines and deadlines.
- House Sponsorships - Work with staff, board, and outside consultants to help identify and recruit sponsors for individual houses and multi-house builds (i.e., Corporate Build).
- Corporate Relations - Work with the Executive Director and Board to strengthen relations with the corporate community in the HFHMSCO service area. Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to package funding and employee participation opportunities.
- Identify ways to diversify HFHMSCO’s funding base to increase unrestricted and restricted funds from all constituencies and launch appropriate systematic programs and initiatives.
- Special Events - Work with the staff, Board, and volunteers to help Habitat successfully produce one to two fundraising events a year.
- Act as a catalyst for fund-raising and cultivation of donors and volunteers through major and planned-giving, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, special events, membership, and community relations, in addition to prospect research and donor stewardship.
- Major Donor Cultivation - Work with the staff and Board to cultivate and increase investment at the $500 - $10,000 level; increase the gifts of current donors and the overall number of donors; coordinate prospect research.
- Additionally, performs the daily tasks of HFHMSCO in support of the Board Members and Committee Chairs.
Salary: Commensurate with skills
This job description does not list all the duties and tasks of the position. You may be asked to perform other duties, as necessary.
Supervision: This position reports to the Board of Trustees. Working independently, the Executive Director will be responsible for job-related duties and will consult with the Board on matters that involve significant policy or financial issues.
HFHMSCO has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Habitat for Humanity of Miami and Shelby Counties, OH is committed to building and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. We believe the inclusion and amplification of our differences create a more effective workplace and a more compassionate world.
Please send your resume cover letter and resume to Gustavo.Menezes@Emerson.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Troy, OH 45373: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*