This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Chemistry and Biochemistry
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Creighton University invites applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate. The individual will be involved in a wide variety of laboratory testing and technical activities for a research laboratory.
The postdoctoral researcher will prepare and perform experiments in protein biochemistry, biophysical chemistry, and/or molecular biology including collection, recording, and analysis of data and results. They will be involved in sample collection and analysis/interpretation of results. They will write and record/maintain precise records relative to all research procedures.† They will be involved in preparation of manuscripts and grants. This individual will disseminate results/analyses at scientific conferences. In addition to research activities, the postdoctoral researcher will have the opportunity to teach undergraduate courses within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Maintaining and communicating experimental protocols, results, and analyses among lab members
- Interfacing with both internal and external resources as appropriate to obtain technical directive and advice
- Help train and supervise the activities of other full- or part-time laboratory research staff including students and technicians
- Maintain training and continuing education with regard to laboratory and chemical safety
- Regularly survey inventory and ordering laboratory supplies and reagents
- Prepare common laboratory reagents
- Disseminate results to the research community
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and maintaining laboratory records
- Interfacing with departmental or university personnel as required
- Doctorate degree in biochemistry or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a research lab
- Analytical and creative thinking to problem solve and develop non-standard experimental designs and protocols
Omaha is a diverse community of 850,000 with four Fortune-500 companies, an active sports scene, and a vibrant arts community. Recent Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College rankings recognized Creighton University among the top 20% of institutions in its survey and among the Top 10 big-city colleges in the Midwest. Creighton University also ranks in the top third of National Universities in U.S. News & World Reportís and was previously recognized for 16 years in a row as No. 1 among Best Regional Universities Ė Midwest. Over the past 17 years, Creighton is the No. 1 Goldwater producing Catholic university in the country and in the top 20 of private universities producing Goldwater Scholars over the past decade.
Change the World From Here
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.†
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*