Instructor of Finance
Envision yourself in a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative work environment that has a deep commitment to position our graduates for success in their professional and personal lives. Visualize applying your energy and skills for an organization that respects and cares about its employees enough to offer some of the best benefits of the industry while encouraging every team member to grow, collaborate, and provide input on how to consistently make the workplace a place people love to work. Imagine working at a college that welcomes everyone â€” students, faculty, staff, and community members â€” regardless of their backgrounds, beliefs, or traditions. If what was just described is what you look for in a workplace, welcome to the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)!
The College of Business and Administration at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) invites applications for a non-tenure track, full-time Instructor position in Finance starting in August 2023.Â This position will primarily teach classes in finance. Other classes may be assigned as needed. Classes may be in-person, online, or hybrid.
This academic year (9-month) position is 80% teaching load (equivalent to 8 classes per academic year), 10% service, and 10% professional development (for required on-going practice-related activities to maintain a minimum of AACSB "Instructional Practitionerâ€ status).
Faculty members should also be committed to further enhancing out collegial environment, which includes service to the college, university, community, and profession. Candidates are invited to view the college website at:
Who We Are:
The AACSB International accredited College of Business enrolls approximately 2,000 students annually. The College of Business offers comprehensive undergraduate degrees, select masterâ€™s degrees, and professional programs that emphasize principle-based ethical decision making.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,000 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. We have a strong focus in fueling student success by creating, using, and maintaining a multitude of different offices and programs. Overall, UCCS is constantly focused of preparing our students to have success in the future, and we understand that every single employee on our campus has a significant effect on that focus. Find more information about working at UCCS here:
The city, which was recently ranked as the number two Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report in 2022, known as Olympic City USA, rests at the base of Pikes Peak, the inspiration for the song â€œAmerica the Beautifulâ€ and a must-see for residents and visitors alike. With a mild climate and 247 days of sunshine each year, the Springs boasts some of the stateâ€™s best recreation opportunities. Find out more about living in Colorado Springs through the Visit Colorado Springs page:
To be successful in this position, the employee will need the following:
- High level of ethics and integrity.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and caring attitude.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong commitment to student-centered instruction.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to teach effectively in all courses.
Work Location:Â Typically, on-site; position may be partially remote, based on the semester-to-semester need of the department, as determined with the supervisor.
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
What We Offer:
Salary Range:Â $70,000 - $75,000 per academic year.
In addition, the College of Business provides professional development funding.
Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter and be sure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers excellent benefits, some of which include:
- Medical insurance, with the lowest cost option being $0 to the employee
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Mandatory retirement plans. Employees contribute 5% of their annual compensation. CU doubles that and contributes 10%
- Tuition Assistant Benefit available to you or a dependent
- Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of employment
- Faculty Housing Assistance Program
Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider reviewing the Total Compensation page at Total Compensation Calculators I University of Colorado.
Tentative Search Timeline:
- Priority will be given to applications submitted byÂ 5:00 pm on April 7, 2023 (Friday).Â However, this posting will remain open until filled.
Application review is expected to begin the week ofÂ April 10, 2023.
The potential dates for phone interviews with the search committee will beÂ April 12 - 21, 2023.
The potential dates for campus interviews with the supervisor and appointing authority will be the week ofÂ May 15, 2023.
The potential employee start date isÂ August 2023.
UCCS is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Please note that while the position details both required qualifications as well as preferred qualifications below, we want applicants to be aware that they do not need to have all of the desired skills and experience to be considered for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, have passion for the work, along with experience in a related field, you are encouraged to apply. We encourage on-the-job training for any additional skills or knowledge that become relevant to the position.
- Completed Masterâ€™s degree in finance or a graduate business-related degree (e.g., MBA).
- At least two (2) years of full-time equivalent experience in a finance role within an organization.
- Any amount of prior and relevant teaching experience.
- Degree(s) from an AACSB or similarly accredited institution.
- A terminal degree (e.g., JD or PhD) in a business-related discipline.
- Ability or interest in teaching in a variety of formats including in person, hybrid and online classes.
- Any amount of relevant industry experience that includes current engagement in professional activities.
- Specific certification: e.g. Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Specific license: e.g. Professional designation or license related to finance or personal financial planning.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to move.
- Employee is occasionally required to have long periods of sitting, moderate bending, and fine motor skills.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions and meet the physical and environment demands described satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical and environmental demands.
Applicants with disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or test at least 3 working days before the interview or test date. If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must notify the appointing authority or Human Resources.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*