This job has Expired
Academic Program Specialist
Title:Academic Program Specialist
Functional Title:Academic Program Specialist
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:.50
Hiring Range Minimum:39232
Hiring Range Maximum:47078.4
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
One year experience in administrative staff work.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of business English, spelling, and grammer.
- General knowledge of and skill in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software to produce documents and maintain information.†
- Skill in performing basic mathematical computations.†
- Ability to present statistical material in table, chart, or graph form. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.†
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.†
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Service experience within a university setting (undergraduate 4-year institution preferred)
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and maintaining supportive relationships with students, coworkers, administrators, and faculty members
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Competence with Microsoft Office and Google Suite software
- Strong attention to detail, efficient, organized, and flexible
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, manage multiple overlapping deadlines, and persistence in seeking requests and projects to completion.
- Website, social media, and blog maintenance experience
- Competency with campus technologies (SIS, Canvas, U.Achieve, Salesforce, Workday) or similar systems
- Event coordination experience
- Teaching experience
Job RisksNot Applicable to This Position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.†
- This position is an administrative position. Work is primarily performed in an office environment within the 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. time frame with some evening and weekend hours. This position requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Extensive viewing of a computer screen is normal.
- This position will frequently exchange information through vocal and written communication, with individuals of various ages, socio-economic, and educational backgrounds.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: exam grading, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to lift and carry small parcels, packages, and other items (up to 10 lbs.) between offices.
Open Until FilledNo
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*