132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Parenting Educator Adjunct Instructor
Full Job Description
Paul D. Camp Community College is a small 2-year college in Southeast Virginia. Campuses are located in Franklin and Suffolk. There also is a center in Smithfield. The college offers associate degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates In transfer and career/technical programs; credit and non-credit workforce services and training for businesses and industries; special interest classes for the community; and summer classes for youth through the Regional Workforce Development Center. A dual enrollment program for high school students, online courses, and developmental studies classes are available at the college as well.
The adjunct faculty member will provide instruction for the Workforce Developmentâ€™s Virginia Court Mandated Parenting Education Seminar held alternately on the Franklin and Suffolk Campuses. Teach 4-hour Parenting Education Seminar using state approved curriculum. Distribute and collect class evaluations. Provide final course grade upon completion of class. Other duties as assigned.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Professional background or teaching experience in the following professional areas: certified family mediators, licensed/certified mental health professionals, licensed clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, lawyers, and parenting educators.
- Proficient working knowledge of Internet applications and PC-based software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Experience teaching in child development, adult education, and divorce/separation issues
- Ability to attend the state mandated training the trainer session.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of instruction and engage in a positive academic environment to support students with varying academic and other supportive needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse population of faculty, staff, students and other college stakeholders.
The selected candidateâ€™s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealthâ€™s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*