The primary responsibility of the Web Developer is to develop and manage innovative well-engineered websites for Gateway Technical College. The Web Developer is responsible for all front-end and back-end development ensuring that the college’s sites are user-friendly, accessible, responsive, technically sound and student-focused. This position will plan and coordinate digital-related projects, solicit input and be responsive to many departments throughout the college as well as to external partners. The Developer will also direct the college’s efforts in search engine optimization, site analytics and provide technical advice and support relating to Gateway’s digital marketing efforts.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications.
*1st consideration will be given to all applications received on or before 03/26/2023.
See for yourself how our employees are the foundation of our students' continued success!
Apply today to join the Gateway Family!
- Design, develop and manage Gateway’s websites in line with the latest industry trends and best practices using web hosting services such as Acquia, web programming languages, such as PHP, content management systems such as Drupal and front-end platforms such as Site Studio.
- Serve as the college’s sole technical expert in both front-end and back-end development. Provide technical guidance, problem solving and innovative approaches for web development and digital marketing efforts. Keep current on web development technologies, make recommendations and implement best practices.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the college’s digital presence, based on college priorities and student needs in collaboration with leadership. Plan, coordinate and develop the design of Gateway’s websites with a customer focus and according to design and accessibility industry standards.
- Effectively manage and maintain Gateway’s website. Including planning, coordinating and effectively communicating with Digital Marketing & Content Strategist as well as department leadership and outside partners.
- Coordinate and work with Digital Marketing & Content Strategist on search engine optimization, site analytics and site performance optimization establishing metrics and ensuring needed monitoring takes place.
- Provide technical documentation, staff demonstrations and training in using and updating Gateway’s Website.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in Web Development in the past 6 years.
- Strong front-end and back-end developer skill set. Including knowledge and experience with:
- Front-end technologies, such as: PHP, HTML, XML, CSS, Bootstrap, Java Script, and jQuery
- Programming languages, such as: SQL, Python or similar programming languages
- CMS and module development/editing in platforms such as Drupal
- Version control systems such as Git and Lando Working
- Server environments such as Linux and Apache (AcquiaCloud Platform preferred)
- Site performance optimization and monitoring and site analytics such as Google Analytics and New Relic
- Image editing and code editing software such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with establishing and implementing web structure, site documentation, security, and accessibility best practices.
- Experience with project management and vendor relationship management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and collaborate with a wide variety of individuals within and outside of the college.
- Provide off-hours technical support including periodically working extended hours, including during the evening, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Associate degree in Web Development, Web Programming, or Computer Science
- Knowledge and experience with the server Acquia Cloud Platform
DIVISION/LOCATION: Marketing and Communications/Kenosha
COMP GRADE: 28
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Employment is contingent upon an acceptable background
- Flexibility is needed to accommodate day, evening and weekend business needs
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*