Simulation Education Specialist
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
For questions related to this job posting, please contact Lisa Peterson, HR Specialist, in the School of Nursing at email@example.com
Why Work at U-M Flint?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future.
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions after 12 months of eligible service, with immediate vesting.
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses.
Eligibility for benefits is based on your job group, your appointment percentage and the length of your appointment. Learn more about employee benefits and eligibility and download the Comprehensive Benefits for Faculty and Staff flier .
For tuition support information can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/hr/ benefits/
Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/ chancellor/leadership-mission- vision/
The University of Michigan-Flint’s DEI plan can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/dei/
The University of Michigan-Flint exhibits its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through enacting fair practices, policies, and procedures particularly in support of the equitable participation of the historically underserved. UM-Flint recognizes the value of diversity in our efforts to provide equitable access and opportunities to all regardless of individual identities in support of a climate where everyone feels a sense of belonging, community, and agency.
Diversity is a core value at University of Michigan-Flint. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. The University of Michigan-Flint seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning for the purpose of becoming global citizens in a connected world.
- This individual would assist the Director of Simulation with facilitating the associated simulations and/or
- skills activities. They would assist in the establishment of an open skills practice time and also be able to assist with remediations or additional practice at the request of faculty or students for all courses.
- This individual would ensure that all courses have consistency and quality within their simulation-based experiences.
- They would facilitate concept and skill mapping across both accelerated and traditional programs as well as assist in the move to competency-based learning within the nursing programs.
- This individual will meet with students to foster academic success – assist with critical thinking, clinical skills and reasoning.
- They will assist with the planning of student events (e.g., summer camps)
- This individual will be responsible for coordinating with faculty, staff, other departments and schools in order to facilitate student success.
- This person will monitor and analyze student performance indicators.
- This person will work collaboratively with the Student Success Coordinator to ensure integration of an individualized success plan into remediation activities
- This individual will have the ability to work a flexible schedule (early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends may be required) and also have the ability to lift, pull or push up to 80lbs.
- Master's degree in Nursing or related field. If Master’s degree not in nursing, must have an earned BSN. If applicant has an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field, earned via a BSN to doctorate, the requirement for a master's degree is waived.
- Three to five-years of strong clinical experience in acute patient care (critical care) and/or emergency or trauma conditions and excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Minimum one year of experience in simulation operations, training, and as a teaching/learning platform.
- Current unencumbered Michigan Registered Nurse License
- Teaching experience (academia and/or practice)
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural settings and a demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Ability to interact with faculty, staff, and students (current and prospective) in a positive and respectful manner; be a team player
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google suites
- Prior instructional experience in a baccalaureate (or higher degree) nursing program to include both didactic and clinical teaching
- BLS instructor certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification or instructor status.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) preferred upon hire (obtained within 1 year of hire)
- Commitment and patterns of success in working with non-traditional learners
A consistent hybrid work schedule (some days on campus and some days working remotely) is available for this position at this time. However, this is subject to change based upon the duties of the position and the needs of the department.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*