Coordinator of Library Services, Engagement, Student Success and Access Services
For over fifty years, Quinsigamond Community College has provided opportunities for a first-rate education and personal growth to thousands of students. Some choose to prepare for immediate entry into a career field. Some choose to transfer to bachelor's level programs at four-year colleges and universities, and some choose opportunities for personal growth and cultural enrichment. Quinsigamond Community College is seeking student-centered faculty and staff who are committed to the community college mission and actively engage in promoting diversity.
The full-time workload will take place on the main campus at 670 W. Boylston Street and the downtown campus at 25 Federal Street, both in Worcester. In addition, the Coordinator will provide library services at other QCC instructional locations as needed.
Reports to the Dean of the Library and Academic Support Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates access services including policies and procedures, interlibrary loan and circulation statistics.
- Maintains policies and procedures for access services, establishing workflow and quality control measures.
- Interprets circulation policy and procedures for students, staff and faculty as necessary
- Implements interlibrary loan program, utilizing OCLC network and serving in ILL-related liaison roles both within and outside the college.
- Develops and maintains access-service metrics of success and analyzes trends to continually evaluate and improve services in a data-informed manner.
- Supports library's outreach, marketing and community-building efforts including programming and social-media presence.
- Creates and implements innovative programming that inspires intellectual curiosity and enhances the Library's role in student learning, and reflects the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with QCC Communications to create engaging social-media presence for library and its services.
- Supports the library's role in adoption and development of Open Educational Resources.
- Provides a full range of high-quality reference services, both individual sessions and group information literacy sessions.
- Contributes to the development of QCC library services by serving on related campus committees and attending appropriate meetings of off-campus networks and consortia.
- Cooperates with all library staff to ensure that library services are available during all advertised library hours.
- Fulfills a regular schedule of desk and library instruction duties, serving as backup when needed for other librarians.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with full- and part-time faculty members in order to enable and facilitate their access to materials and services which support their instructional needs.
- Participates in library collection development with dean and other librarians.
- Focuses on the college's strategic goal of 100% student success by working independently and in collaboration with colleagues to remove barriers that limit access to library services, collections, programs and spaces.
- Actively supports the teaching and learning process; strives to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
- Works actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college-wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respects the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
- Embraces the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including those of age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, and sexual orientation.
- Provides flexible, responsive and high-quality service to all, be they students, community, faculty, or staff, and continuously assesses processes and procedures and makes revisions accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Sciences program.
- Academic Library experience in access services, and/or reference and instruction.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to efficiency and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational ability, initiative, flexibility, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in a Community College
- Experience providing reference and instruction services both in-person and online
- Experience creating social media content
- Experience using an integrated library system
- Knowledge of ACRL information literacy framework
Quinsigamond Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Quinsigamond Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Diversity, inclusion, and equity are core values at Quinsigamond Community College. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive, respectful, and equitable environment for all students, staff, and faculty. Every member on our college campus enriches our diversity. We support inclusion and are dedicated to ensuring equity in access to opportunities.
Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates for employment should be aware that Quinsigamond Community College faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
QCC requires all students, faculty and staff to be compliant with our vaccination policy. For addition information on COVID19, please visit: https://www.qcc.edu/HealthySafeCampus
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*